• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let the FUN begin!

Paul605

My new JM Pro 22" has a little bit of break-in/familiarization time left to do then I will begin the process of "making it mine" with mods.

Let me digress a bit and throw up some background for your perusal...

I live in a community of 30,000 people in north-eastern South Dakota. I am an an ex-Army pilot, and was attached to a Ranger battalion, so I got my dose of the "real" Army. I spent my youth shooting, and coincidentally still have the Mossberg 352KA that my grandfather used to teach me to shoot. Yep, the first weapon I ever shot was a Mossberg auto-loader. I currently own somewhere north of 100 weapons. Everything from bird guns to stuff that is still supersonic beyond where i can see. Did you know that 1911 x 12 = 22932...lol. My weapons are, with very few exceptions of some presentation grade stuff, all fired on a regular basis. I reload handgun and rifle ammunition. I am a rangemaster at our local range, and do considerable firearm instruction with youth. The range and the instruction are volunteer...gratis...work...my grandfather and my father would have it no other way!

Lately our little community has seen a huge increase in crime. We have had 10 or 12 years worth of crime happen in the last 4 months. There are several reasons for this, mostly demographics...and all of them are going to continue to bring an increase of the same. I have taken to carrying 90% of my non-working time, either concealed or open. I live within spitting distance of several Law Enforcement Officers, to include some rather high ranking "media visible" LEO's.

My theory has always been that a handgun only buys me the time i need to get my hands on a long-gun. With that in mind I realized that I was really "wanting" in a defense type shotgun. The JM is the first answer to filling that gap. To follow will be a Mossberg International SA-20 Railed...it is on order as of yesterday.

I will admit openly here, to truly loving the aesthetics of a weapon, all kinds. From gorgeous woods and engraving to "tacticool". I do however insist that a tactical weapon in my possession be functional...and that aesthetic additions not interfere with intended purpose. I guess what I am saying here is I am not storming a beach, but there may come a time that I would use a an extra round or two. I train extensively with my handguns and my tactical rifles. I regularly shoot with a spotter (my brother) at ranges in excess of 800 meters. I believe that every weapon i own will shoot better than I can, but work hard at closing that gap.

With that in mind, when i ordered mt JM Pro, i went looking and researching the "fun" stuff. Currently my list has this the following on it. Most of it is functional, but some is aesthetic...grin.

Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series Autoloader 22” 9+1 (+1 Ghost Load) Shot
Chambered in: 12 Gauge 3”
Series: Tactical
Model: 85119
Action: Semi-Auto
Serial Number: AFxxxxxx

Burris Fast Fire III Optic
Cerakote Flat Dark Earth Color
ColorFill Roll Markings
Velcro Shell Holders
Gear Sector SureFire 6P Mount in FDE
Gear Sector SureFire X-Series Offset Flashlight Mount
FDE-Mod 3 GS-3441
Wolff Upgraded Magazine Spring
OR3GUN Pro Competiton Combo in Blue (Includes)
Marine Spacer Tube
Quad Competition Forearm Retainer
Enhanced Competition Follower
Competition Spring Plunger
Adjustable Spring Retainer/Enhanced Bolt Release

and
OR3GUN Marine Gas Piston Spacer Tube Grey Teflon
OR3GUN Recoil Pad Spacer (x2)
Gear Sector GS-2P Sling
Gear Sector Fixed Stock Adaptor FDE GS-2410
Black Aces Tactical Full Quad Rail
Front Sling Mount
Bradley Fully Adjustable Cheek Rest
RCI XtraShell Port Side Single Round Caddy
Wolff 10/22 Hammer Spring #16801

You will quite a gun when you are done with all those upgrades.

I am using a lot of the OR3GUN components and am quite happy with them.

Welcome again Paul, and thank you for being a full-time Patriot.

My Dad tried to join the Army twice. (His brothers all joined the army in the forties.)

The first time they told him he was too young and he joined the Navy instead. The second time they took him, then put him in the Air corps & stuck him on a radar base and then mustered him into the Air Force. He eventually served 30 years total, and was wounded on the USS Columbus while in port, in 1945.

BTW, How does one keep up 100 guns without a manservant dedicated to constant oiling and wiping?

I can barely deal with proper upkeep on a dozen, and I have to force myself to go exercise the less favored weapons. Do you have a regular maintenance roster to keep you rotating them in and out of service?

Welcome again Paul, and thank you for being a full-time Patriot.

My Dad tried to join the Army twice. (His brothers all joined the army in the forties.)

The first time they told him he was too young and he joined the Navy instead. The second time they took him, then put him in the Air corps & stuck him on a radar base and then mustered him into the Air Force. He eventually served 30 years total, and was wounded on the USS Columbus while in port, in 1945.

BTW, How does one keep up 100 guns without a manservant dedicated to constant oiling and wiping?

I can barely deal with proper upkeep on a dozen, and I have to force myself to go exercise the less favored weapons. Do you have a regular maintenance roster to keep you rotating them in and out of service?
...thank-you...my pleasure to serve...and veterans are by no means the only patriots!

...yes the maintenance is on-going...and my ability to go to the range at any time i want certainly helps the weapons rotation. I do have a dedicated room for the weapons with hepa filtration, a steel door with a deadbolt, a fire sprinkler system and complete climate control to include humidity removal...in other words I CHEAT!...grin.

Lately our little community has seen a huge increase in crime. We have had 10 or 12 years worth of crime happen in the last 4 months. There are several reasons for this, mostly demographics...and all of them are going to continue to bring an increase of the same.

Unfortunately, for a lot of us that is becoming more the rule than the exception. Having access to self-defense no matter where we are or go is an ongoing challenge.

Welcome!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, for a lot of us that is becoming more the rule than the exception. Having access to self-defense no matter where we are or go is an ongoing challenge.

Welcome!
...thank-you! And yes, it bothers me to see what is happening all around all of us in this country, and bothers me more that many people do not see it...

Look forward to seeing the FDE. My hunting AR is 236 OD green, My JM is for hunting but I wasn't sure if I wanted it solid or hydro dipped kryptek

Look forward to seeing the FDE. My hunting AR is 236 OD green, My JM is for hunting but I wasn't sure if I wanted it solid or hydro dipped kryptek
I really like some of the hydro-dipped weapons. That said, I have seen some that were poorly done, and I have seen the results of some rough handling on some of them...

Back