• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's See Those Custom/Rare Blades

This is the Ammo Head Design knife I had made! Its beautiful, and completely functional too! I use it often as a tool with my leather, it easily handles the work of the round knife, and holds an excelent edge, the stainless blade is awesome! Brass finger bolster, and stainless pins through the custom elk antler handler and into the full tang. No pommel.

I hope soon to have another knife commissioned, more the style of a fighting knife. 7" fixed blade, stainles bolster and pommel maybe, full tang, and stacked leather handle!

Heres the Ammo Head Design skinner!
39045_417293069043_101977654043_4500930_4304517_n.jpg

Here's my custom Bi-Tone m1911 Compact Folder.

I love the look of their knives and worked with Terry at Ultimate Equipment to make this custom Bi-Tone to pair up with my Kimber Ultra CDP II. Both the knife and the Kimber sport a set of "Radiation II" grip screws courtesy of VZ Grips.

My compact has a 2.9" Satin Stainless CPM S30V blade (O.A.L. 7.5") and use 1911 officer sized grips on the handle. I've got two of his standard size folders on the way that should be here this week. The standard models have a 3.5" (O.A.L. 8") and use 1911 government or commander sized grips. One will have a Satin Stainless CPM S30V blade and pair up with my Stainless S&W 1911 Government. The other one will have a Black Oxide CPM S30V blade and will be sent off to my Pop to pair up with his Colt Combat Commander, his retired service pistol. I'll post up pics when they show up.

Terry is a great guy and does excellent work. You can check out the site below. He's still got my blade and my Kimber up on the home page...

http://www.ultimate-equipment.com/

These suckers are sharp as hell too! I got careless with the locking mechanism the first day I had it and it took a layer of skin off my thumb without drawing blood! I got deli sliced.

Here is a photo of my favorite project to date!! Featuring an Elk antler and ebony scale. It has color wood inlay, and San Mai Damascus. The Damascus is the same metal combo used in Samurai swords!

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,168
Its pretty sweet Doyle, but I'm holdin out for a fighting knife!

Dang I need to update...

Just picked up a Pakistani (spelling?) skinner, and a razor sharp Solingen German made leather knife, its straight up utility, but thats how I like them. I also realized I still dont have pics up of the hand made knife from VietNam... Slackin.

two of my oldest and most rare.
IMG_1498.jpg

Top one is from the Philippines. Is a Moro tribesman's sword called a 'Kris', and not sure how old, but is thought to have been used during the late 1800's to early 1900's. The scabbard is a repro.

Bottom one is a bayonet from a 1903 Springfield, with newer scabbard. Bayo was on my Grandfather's rifle. Blade is really not bent, just the camera angle :D

You can shave with either of them :lol:

Back