• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's see your SKS!

@John
Absolutely a closet classic in that condition. It's like when you score big on a used guitar that turned out it spent most of its life in a case under someones bedframe instead of being gigged to death everywhere. Always worth keeping an eye out at the local pawn shops. You just never know what might pop up on the cheap.

@oli700
Ooooh..... ATACS FG. I love ATACS. Sorry had to make a mention of it lol.

Haven't had time to post any pics of the newest SKS since the latest incarnation. It's not a bullpup, several mods including threaded barrel and flash hider now.

I won't be able to post pics for several days yet, but I plan to use some kydex on it to get it more to my liking. More details to follow.

chronographed the SKS yesterday and the steel case 124gr FMJ steel core that's all the same under different names was at 2441fps average velocity out of 10 rounds

2400'ish fps is on par with most x39. That's plenty for whatever I need it for.

I got my kydex and heat gun today, but been too busy to do much with the bullpup, but I plan to try to get a few extra minutes to add a buttpad and a different (modified) top cover.

Re finished the Romanian 1958, stock/gas tube was a mis match, action and mag match but the stock needed some attention. Hand guard was split in two, it took lots of TLC. Tried to keep the old warrior look to it.
Before:
RomanianSKS2001_zps0d2d57ae.jpg

After:
RefinishRomanianSKS1958005_zps6bae5a36.jpg

RefinishRomanianSKS1958004_zps53be9ac4.jpg

RefinishRomanianSKS1958003_zps3ce063ce.jpg

RefinishRomanianSKS1958002_zps84b66cbc.jpg

Yeah, I like the stain color too. The decidedly orangish color of some of the old SKS' just don't do anything for me.

Back