• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's talk bayonets...

I used to live in Kentucky and had a boss who knew the owners of LanCay. We went to there production facility one day and I can tell you it was pretty low tech for what I would think a government contractor facility would look like. A couple years later I heard from a contact in aerospace defense mfg that they also had an issue where the blades where not going through a mandated heat treating process and it was a fiasco. For what it's worth, I would personally select a seperate maker for an M9.

Old thread but here's my 2 cents :p

I bought the OKC-3S bayonet for my 590A1. As others have stated, it doesn't quite fit straight out of the box since it's too long, so you need a spacer.

Rather than using a generic washer as a spacer., I bought a GG&G Looped Front Sling Attachment:

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-590-loope ... ments.html

It has a detent ball which allows the magazine cap to screw on and secure properly. You wouldn't get that from a plain ol' washer.

The only thing is the bottom of the sling attachment loop rubs into the plastic on the knife handle and I would imagine over time it's going to rip the plastic off. So I sanded it down a bit with a belt sander at work and then deburred the edges with a file. Fits perfect now. Now I just need to put some flat black paint on the bottom of the loop as right now it is exposed metal and would corrode if left unfinished.

I just barely did this yesterday so I haven't had a chance to fire the weapon yet with the modified front sling attachment and bayonet fixed to see if it stays on, but it feels pretty solid right now. I'll post a picture when I get a chance :)

Attachments

• 20130219_163126.jpg
    20130219_163126.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20130219_163242.jpg
    20130219_163242.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20130219_163729.jpg
    20130219_163729.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 67
Waking the dead here but,.......I don't know what the said problem with the M9 is, mine fits nice and tight without a washer. Never moves during firing.
Could easily use it as a spear if needs be.

20191013_093611.jpg

Back