1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Let's talk bayonets...

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Pump Action' started by walkerbait, Aug 16, 2012.

1. JD Night

JD Night .22LR

Thank you Rossignol!
    That was exactly what I was hoping for, Good find!
    Thank-you,
    J.D.
  2. walkerbait

walkerbait .22LR

I used to live in Kentucky and had a boss who knew the owners of LanCay. We went to there production facility one day and I can tell you it was pretty low tech for what I would think a government contractor facility would look like. A couple years later I heard from a contact in aerospace defense mfg that they also had an issue where the blades where not going through a mandated heat treating process and it was a fiasco. For what it's worth, I would personally select a seperate maker for an M9.
  3. WillD

WillD Copper BB

I finally received my OKC3S from the KnifeCenter and I'm very pleased with it. As has been said the fit is not exact on my 590A1 51663 but it's a simple and inexpensive fix. A quick trip to Lowe's to buy a # 18 o-ring for 23 cents spaces the magazine cap up perfectly!

-Will-

http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/58/158/3/9 ... Ruq_th.jpg
  4. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Hi Will! Welcome to MO and thanks for the fix on that one!
  5. Comarade

Comarade .410

Old thread but here's my 2 cents :p

I bought the OKC-3S bayonet for my 590A1. As others have stated, it doesn't quite fit straight out of the box since it's too long, so you need a spacer.

Rather than using a generic washer as a spacer., I bought a GG&G Looped Front Sling Attachment:

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-590-loope ... ments.html

It has a detent ball which allows the magazine cap to screw on and secure properly. You wouldn't get that from a plain ol' washer.

The only thing is the bottom of the sling attachment loop rubs into the plastic on the knife handle and I would imagine over time it's going to rip the plastic off. So I sanded it down a bit with a belt sander at work and then deburred the edges with a file. Fits perfect now. Now I just need to put some flat black paint on the bottom of the loop as right now it is exposed metal and would corrode if left unfinished.

I just barely did this yesterday so I haven't had a chance to fire the weapon yet with the modified front sling attachment and bayonet fixed to see if it stays on, but it feels pretty solid right now. I'll post a picture when I get a chance :)
  6. Comarade

Comarade .410

Attached Files:

7. Comarade

Comarade .410

Attached Files:

8. Songcatcher

Songcatcher Copper BB

Waking the dead here but,.......I don't know what the said problem with the M9 is, mine fits nice and tight without a washer. Never moves during firing.
    Could easily use it as a spear if needs be.

20191013_093611.jpg
    fellmann likes this.