1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Let's talk slings

Discussion in 'Slings' started by John A., May 22, 2014.

1. broodingwhale

broodingwhale .22LR

I am running a Blue Force Gear padded two point Vickers sling on my Mossberg 590A1, and an unpadded two point Vickers on my AR build. They are really solid slings for the money, especially if you like rugged simplicity. The quick extension tab is super simple for swapping between shooting and hiking/administrative carry positions.

Here's a link: https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling
    Water Monkey and nitesite like this.
  2. nitesite

nitesite Ammo Nerd Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Good stuff there. Thanks for sharing the info. BFG makes some really good stuff.

And welcome to the Forum!

Dave (nitesite)
    broodingwhale likes this.
  3. broodingwhale

broodingwhale .22LR

Thanks Dave!

I also chose them because, as an employee of the gun industry, I get a damn good price on them :D I think some of their accessory hardware is a little overpriced for what you get, but not the slings.
  4. INMY01TA

INMY01TA .410

Well I've pretty much plastered this pic in almost every section of this sight but here's my Magpul MS3 sling. I really like the paraclips. My two AR's both use qd's. I like the paraclips better but not enough to switch my rifles over to them.

[​IMG]
  5. nitesite

INMY01TA,

I run a Magpul MS3 on my patrol rifle. What a great sling. I drop it over me as a two-point but can switch it to single point in a couple seconds because of the front clip.

Good choice you made!
    INMY01TA likes this.
  6. nitesite

I like how you knew that it needs to hang correctly and mounted it properly.
    INMY01TA likes this.
  7. Tranteruk

Tranteruk .410 Supporter

I also use Magpul slings. I have two running both on MVP Patrols (.308/5.56). I always fix a sling to a rifle, but carry is a very secondary duty. They are adjusted to use as a hasty. So much better when shooting without a bipod or rest.
  8. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Forum Moderator Supporter

I'm running a BFG 2 point vickers sling on my AR. Looking at the ferro concepts slingster sling for my next build.