1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Lever Guns

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by DaveinCT, Jan 30, 2011.

1. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

Anyone own a Lever??

I've had this Winchester Model 94AE .44 Magnum for a while now. This is one fine shooting hard hitting SOB!!!

Iron sights are excellent, I've shot about 100 rounds of Hornady Leverevolution ammo 225 grain and kick like a mule!! http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/de ... ber=765870

The Hornady with the red tip, Blazer next to it a 9mm for comparison..
    [​IMG]

The Winchester Model 94AE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love lever action, always did. I owned a Marlin 1894 in .44 Magnum 25 years ago or so and sold it to fund the purchase of a dirt bike!!
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Re: Anyone own a Lever??

Don't own one yet, but my Pop has two Winchester 1894s. One in .30 WCF, and one in .38-55. The latter is a Chief Crazy Horse limited edition.

I use the .44mag Hornady LEVERevolution in my 6" revolver. It does kick like mule!
  3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

My brother owns a Marlin 336 lever action in 30-30 and it truly is a blast to shoot!
  4. marysfrend

marysfrend .22LR

Henry Golden Boy .22
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Very nice.....Pics?
  6. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

One I couldn't resist!!!

A Henry Golden Boy "Big Boy" in 45 Colt. My shop was just receiving a new order when I stopped in and I saw all the Henry boxes with almost all of them .22 Cal then I saw the "Big Boy" 45 Colt and there was only 2.

I grabbed the owner who I know rather well and asked him if the 45's where special order or stock, he said stock. I asked him to come up with a price on one for me and I'd be back in less than hour. I came home and did some research and found they sell for anywhere from $675 to well over $700. I went back and he say's " For you, $650. I bought it on the spot..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Re: One I couldn't resist!!!

Nice find!

I love those moments. I swear I think my local shop keeps the cool stuff in opened up UPS/FedEx boxes behind the counter and "unpacks" them when he sees me pulling into the drive.
  8. DHonovich

Congratulations on picking up another beauty!
  9. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

Thanks CC and LAZY. While I was at it I picked up a Henry Survival 22, price on it was $249 I got for $225.

Then I see a Marlin 22 Magnum that just STUCK out to me, she is another beauty and I'll get pics up soon. Beautiful Stainless bolt with a very well done laminate style stock with tube feed. I've wanted a 22 Mag since I sold my Rossi years ago. This one should shoot real nce..
  10. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Man, you had a banner day! Can't wait to see pics...
  11. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Man, That is awesome!
  12. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

Thanks, Brad. One I will shoot lightly and enjoy and hand it down in the end. Not much of a distance rifle but I love the 45 Colt and love the beauty of the rifle itself. I can't keep my hands off it!!!!! :lol:

The Henry Lever action is truly the dogs danglers when it comes to smooth action. makes my Winchester feel like a toy and feels much shorter and tighter than the Marlins I was playin with today..
  13. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

I've never had my hands on a Henry, just Winchesters. I love the .45 in a rifle!
  14. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

I can show you it's big brother.. :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  15. sumoj275

sumoj275 .270 WIN

Here is one of my lever guns, Marlin 1895 GBL before the factory move. .45-70 gov't, laminated stock and forend, and blue.
    [​IMG]

Post them if you have 'em!
  16. DHonovich

Re: Lever Guns............We need a thread.

I will have to post up some pictures of my brothers Marlin 336 in .30-30...
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

My Winchester lever action...

WINCHESTER 1894....30WCF...TOP EJECT....CIRCA 1977

[​IMG]

The Winchester Model 1894 was the first commercial repeating rifle built to be used with smokeless powder. The 1894 was originally chambered to fire 2 metallic black powder cartidges, the .32-40 Winchester and .38-55 Winchester. In 1895 Winchester went to a different steel composition for rifle manufacturing that could handle higher pressure rounds and offered the rifle in .25-35 Winchester and .30-30 Winchester. The .30-30 Winchester, or .30WCF (Winchester Centerfire), is the cartridge that has become synonymous with the Model 1894.
  18. sumoj275

sumoj275 .270 WIN

I will have to get pics of my Marlin 1st year waffle top 336. You guys will love the "look", if it only could tell stories of the life it has lived.
  19. DHonovich

Hey would you mind posting up your Winchester 1894 over on www.WinchesterOwners.com when you get a chance.
  20. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri 20g "Philanthropist"

Marlin 39A Golden that I've owned since I was 14

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Winchester Centennial '66 in Unfired Condition (I also have the original box)

[​IMG] [​IMG]