1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Lever Guns

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by DaveinCT, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Ernst

Ernst .270 WIN Supporter "Philanthropist"

S.R., I know these comments are outside this thread topic but just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments above. I wish more folks from your generation would speak out.

Many of us old guys have watched our grandkids and even our great grandkids be indocurated by our public education system. History today seems to be what happened on social media yesterday and many believe everything they read on the internet social blogs.

Understanding history is so important and we all need to learn from it, no matter our age. If nothing more, its knowledge prevents us from making the same mistakes over and over. Thankfully, as you indicated, you had someone who opened your eyes and your mind.

Please continue to speak out. My goal in life is to learn something new every day. This has served me well for over eight decades.

Regards
  2. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

WORD! :)
  3. S.R. Crawford

S.R. Crawford .410

I think there's a lot more young conservatives than the media would have you believe, but they're not vocal because of fear of backlash. A lot of the attempts the Left makes to indoctrinate students turn a lot of them away, ultimately it did for me. I had the advantage of a strong Constitutional and religious background which, while overshadowed briefly by liberal teachers force-feeding me rhetoric, gave me something to turn back to once the supply was cut off. I think there's a lot of people like that still, all they need is a push in the Right direction.

I think California could be or even is the same way. There's a lot more conservatives here then people expect, we're just quiet and many don't vote because they think their vote will be overshadowed by the Leftist majority. Be warned, Mass. saw the highest taxes of any colony, the most Redcoat activity, the most oppression, yet the Revolution started there. There's a lot going on behind the scenes here and people are preparing to make a stand. Just this last June thousands of conservatives protested for weeks in SoCal against Governor Newsom and his unconstitutional state shutdown. I went. I waved the flag. The media called us "greedy capitalist opportunists." I laughed. Oorah.

I think when the SHTF a lot of people are going to be surprised by where the lines actually fall. Many blue states and cities are starting to rethink their choices in light of the riots taking place in their streets, endorsed and protected by their own leaders.

Maybe we should move this to a different thread? I'm borrowing my grandpa's Marlin (Pre-Remington hehe) .30-30 and might get some pics later, don't want to derail this topic.
    meanstreak and CaddmannQ like this.
  4. S.R. Crawford

S.R. Crawford .410

Marlin 30A Chambered in .30-30. My dad was going to take my brother deer hunting for the first time with this gun but non-lead .30-30 is impossible to get right now. We'll hunt some steel with it and use slugs for the deer.

IMG_20201004_140826.jpg
    meanstreak, nitesite and CaddmannQ like this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Well you see what happens when a professional political ranter arrives.

Let me get a hold of any topic & I can turn it into a tedious political diatribe.
    meanstreak and S.R. Crawford like this.
  6. S.R. Crawford

S.R. Crawford .410

Haha some of us just can't help it

I for one somehow manage to make anything and everything about guns.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

This Just In! ;) From the first page of the Ruger website... :) "Long Live the Lever Gun."

ruglin.JPG
  8. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06

[​IMG]

I have a second Rossi Model 92 on the way to my FFL. This one is also chambered in .357/.38. However, this one is 2 inches shorter and it's blued instead of stainless. And if memory serves me, is about $100+ more expensive than the first one. But such are the times we currently live in. I'm actually pretty good on ammunition for it, but if more becomes available...well, you know the rest. :giggle: Take care. Tom Worthington