• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lever Guns

Re: Lever Guns............We need a thread.

I have a Winchester 30-30 that my dad bought me back in 1980, I love it, However, I am bummed that my dad bought all the grandsons Henry Big Boy Lever actions in .44mag all with serial numbers under 1K.
Oh well...

DHonovich said:
SHOOTER13 said:
My lever action...

WINCHESTER 1894....30WCF...TOP EJECT....CIRCA 1977

WINCHESTER1894small-1.jpg
Hey would you mind posting up your Winchester 1894 over on http://www.WinchesterOwners.com when you get a chance.

ALREADY THERE DH...ALREADY THERE... :cool:

I must have missed that one :)

I like it, but I don't shoot it much. I got it for the living room more than anything although it is nice to go retro every once in a while. It is extremely nose heavy, and it makes the cartiridge pretty tame. I sometimes wish I had gotten it in .45-90 or 110.

m24, I had a Quigley in .45-70 and it was fun. Buddy had a 50-110 and it would bellow!

DaveinCT said:
Marlin 1894SS 44 Mag and 45-70..

Have been taking these two out alot lately, what a blast!! That 45/70 :shock: LOVE IT!!!!!! :mrgreen:

My LGS has just got in a shipment of Marlin lever guns in assorted calibers. Haven't dove in yet, but they've definitely been catching my attention. I'm tellin myself I'm gonna hold out for a Winchester '73. My Pop has three of them and loves his...

Marlin makes some great lever actions but a Winchester 73 is hard to beat!

Wow...!!

We've had some real nice lever guns added since my last visit.

They are my favorite deer taker...

SHOOTER13 said:
Wow...!!

We've had some real nice lever guns added since my last visit.

They are my favorite deer taker...

Mine too especially my 44 Mag. Most common here in CT, as is in most Northeast States, is the 30-30. I'm eying a golden Winchester 30-30 on the rack at my LGS and may be snagging it soon.

My newly acquired Mini30 will be the Dear gun this year.

Here's my two lever guns.
A Marlin 1894 SS carbine in .357 Mag

And My new Mossberg 464 bush carbine in SS.

I hope to add a .44 Mag in the future.

Lateck,

Here's one of my Pop's lever guns...

Winchester 1894 in .30 WCF

It was gifted to him by a ranch hand decades ago. There were several notches in the stock when it was given, but no questions were asked.

This special edition is an absolutely beautiful rifle...

Winchester 1894 in .38-55 win
"Chief Crazy Horse Commemorative"

Back