• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

light loads

IFEEDWILLIE

Copper BB
just bought sa 20, knowing of the many complaints of not being able to cycle light loads. maybe the company listened. my gun has run 2 boxs of 7/8 oz 1225 fps rems without a miss. love the gun.

Welcome from MI!!

Good to hear. My 930 is the same way. I hate to say it but I think it is kind of hit or miss. Giving it a good thorough cleaning when you first get it and keeping it oiled helps a lot with the semi's.

Welcome to the forum.

If it's clean, and judiciously oiled and greased properly it should shoot almost anything, and do it better the more ammunition you put thru it.

Glad yours is running great from the start. You must be caring for your shotgun really well.

I have no trouble at all with 1200 fps 7/8 oz. Mine is about 2 1/2 years old. If I go to low brass 1165 at 7/8 I will start to have a few stovepipes or FTEs.
The Winchester AA 7/8 sporting clays at 1300 fps have never failed. pricy though

Back