• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Loading 25-06 Remington

terry2425

.270 WIN
Loading some 25-06 Remington with 100 grain Nosler Balistic Tip bullets. Cases were formed from 30-06. This particular load I used 58.5 grains of H-1000 with a velocity of about 3150 FPS (haven't done the chrono yet).

First step was to clean and inspect the cases. I use a homemade solution of cleaner/degreaser, phosphoric acid and Lemhi Shine. Cases are rinsed and dried in the oven @ 170 degrees. The cases are them tumbled for a couple of hours in fine walnut shell with Nu Look Car Polish.

Cases are then put on the case lube towel and given a mist of homemade case lube (liquid lanolin and heat). Cases are rolled back and forth to get a uniform coating.

SSCN0435.JPG

Cases are then sized and de-primed making a 30-06 case into a 25-06 case.

SSCN0436.JPG

After sizing the cases are placed on a bar towel and rubbed with a paper towel and mineral spirits to remove the case lube.

SSCN0437.JPG

Cases are then gauged to make sure the sizing and case forming was done correctly.

SSCN0438.JPG

Cases then go to the cases trim machine to get trimmed, de-burred and primer pockets cleaned.

SSCN0439.JPG

Cases are checked for correct overall cartridge length.

SSCN0440.JPG

Cases are then primed on a Dillon 650 to speed the priming process up.

SSCN0441.JPG

While I'm priming the cases, I turn on the powder measure and start measuring powder charges and filing the primed cases.

SSCN0442.JPG

Bullets are then seated and crimped with a factory crimp die.

SSCN0443.JPG

Cartridges are checked for correct overall cartridge length.

SSCN0444.JPG

Continued in part 2.

Last edited:
Back