• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking to install a sling mount

Get a Uncle Mike's sling kit. Cheap at Walmart...Has instructions to pre drill stock to prevent splitting

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

they make a single point sling set up for receiver mount using trigger pin mesa tactical hook loop part#91430 worth a look I use them on all my 500s

Refer to the mounting locations on a stock gun that came with sling swivel studs. This will help you put the rear stud in the "correct" spot or thereabouts. There may even be a flat or dimple where the stud is supposed to go.

To install the rear stud, mark the location with an awl, find a drill bit that is just about the same dia. as the inner dia. of the screw and drill in perpendicular to the surface where the stud will go. The stud should screw in using moderate pressure. If it is too tight you might have to go up a 1/64" size but better to start too tight than too loose. Use a drift or drill bit in the stud hole to turn it in using care not to strip it. Do not use any kind of thread locker on wood.

With a 500 you could use the style below which takes the place of the take down bolt (TDB). You could use the one you linked to if you drill and tap your existing TDB. Alternately, you can drill and tap up into the barrel lug the TDB goes through. You may have to shorten the threads so they do not interfere with the TDB. In either case use Loctite blue to secure the stud.

Good Luck and Welcome Aboard people! :)

Attachments

• slingstuds.jpg
    slingstuds.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 6
Back