• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

LOP between 930SPX and JM Pro different!?

buckonz

I used to own a 930SPX - loved it. I recently sold it and purchased a 24" JM Pro 930. According to the Mossberg website, the 930SPX and the JM Pro 930 have the same Length Of Pull (LOP), being 14".

On unboxing the new JM Pro 930 and shouldering it for the first time, it seemed a little different but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. As soon as my wife got home (who also regularly shot the 930SPX and will regularly shoot the new gun as well), pointed out the JM Pro 930 was "longer" - she felt that she has to "reach" for the trigger more.

About a week later, I was talking to another new JM Pro 930 owner (who also used to shoot a 930SPX) and he said exactly the same thing - that the LOP was definitely longer on the JM Pro 930.

Anyone else experienced this? Options to rectify the issue?

Did you measure the LOP on your gun?

Could it just be a different recoil pad?

I only have the Waterfowl model so I am not sure of the subtle differences between them.

The buttstock dimensions are the same on the three 930s in my safe, an SPX, Turkey and JM Pro.

That said, to fit my SPX to me (due to the tall sights) I put the factory spacers in for .250" rise while I run the other two with the spacers for .250" drop. This alters LOP just a bit, but radically alters the feel of the gun. Might be what you had going on.

- William
http://www.OR3GUN.com

Interesting. I contacted the guy I did my SPX too and asked him to run a measuring tape from the front of the trigger guard, to the top rear most part of the stock. He got a measurement of about 40cm. I just measured my JM Pro and surprisingly got the same result!? Odd.

Back