1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

M1 Family

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, May 25, 2015.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Just came home from a relaxing week long trip back home to Texas. Spent a lot of quality time with the folks and before we left my Pop loaded me up with a few items from his collection. We've always been a family of shooters and the photo below represents three generations of the family tradition...

[​IMG]

On top is my Grandfather's Inland Mfg./General Motors U.S. Carbine made in 1944. My Pop was in his teens when Grandad passed away and the rifle was passed to him. In the middle is my Pop's Springfield Armory U.S. Rifle made in 1942. He's had it for decades and it's still a workhorse. On the bottom is my 2014 Springfield Armory M1A-A1 Scout Squad that I've had for a few months. It's a beautiful sight to see them together and reflect on so many years of family shooting tradition. It is truly an honor to have them and to carry on the tradition to pass down to future generations of our family...
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That is a special collection you have LES, and some great memories. Outstanding!
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Thank you Sir, it certainly is.

Brought home a few more items I'll post up over the next day or two...
  4. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

That is just super LES! I love things passed down in the family like that and those two are just awesome. Cherish them and don't let em' collect any dust!
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thank you Sir.

No dust. The only thing these will collect is carbon fouling...
  6. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

That is outstanding LES.

The more I know about your Dad, the more I like him.

I still can't get over some of his pictures. Looks like he has a great eye for weaponry too.
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Yes Sir he does.

He's one helluva good man and the standard to which I've always measured myself...
    cmcdonald and John A. like this.
  8. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I know he's proud of you.

But I also know what you mean about having a good example.
  9. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

You've been in the presence of great men your entire life. I'm sure that greatness will be past down for generations to come.

I hope these heirlooms stay in your family till the stars burn out.
  10. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Those are amazing, what a beautifully awesome collection!
  11. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Awesome LES!!
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Awesome M1 family photo Sniper...!!
    cmcdonald likes this.
  13. tcecil88

tcecil88 .30-06

That is a sweet collection of M1's, LES! Your lucky to have a family that understands the value of heirloom guns and keeps them in the family. But where is the M1 Thompson? You NEED one of those, if nothing else for our viewing pleasure. :)
  14. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thanks fellas.

Yes Sir, I agree.

Being an old Irish family I'm sure there was a Thompson somewhere in the family tree at some point, but it may have either ended up in police custody or been tossed off a bridge into a river decades ago...
  15. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

Bump

Because it needs more looks.

LES, great stories and really great heirloom guns.

Thanks, buddy.
    LAZY EYED SNIPER likes this.
  16. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

17. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thanks @nitesite

This thread has a even more significance now that my son is here. He is three months old as of yesterday and I'm truly honored to one day be able to pass on this family legacy to him...
  18. John A.

^ And that's how it should be. Someday each of us will be the ones referred to as previous generations. Much has been lost because things weren't passed down.

Make sure you tell those stories that go along with those guns so they'll know their significance. Tell them so often your kids know the stories by heart.

Little boys don't just suddenly and magically turn into a man one day. They have to be taught and raised to be one and much of that is going to be from following along in your footsteps.

I don't worry about that coming from you though because you came from a good family. I just thought that it goes without saying.
  19. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

just reminded me how bad my collection sucks, thanks