• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M1a / Socom 16 / EBR

Re: MK14

Thanks for the info Adam! I think i found a new favorite rifle!

Re: MK14

Imagine what Hathcock could have done with one of these...I often ask myself "What would Carlos do?”

8enymu3y.jpg

apeny5y3.jpg

avevybed.jpg

M1A Standard in an Archangel stock with Redfield Revolution 1-9x50mm on a Sadlak mount.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Thanks!

I should post pictures of my Socom 16 soon.

I am also building an M1A Rogue as well.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Is .308 very expensive to shoot. Ive shot the m14 in the Navy and always wanted one. I have aks but Ive had my mind on a scout.

I have a Scout and love it. Get the wood stock, not the synthetic model that Springfield sells for less. The flimsy plastic stock is ridiculous and has a negative affect on accuracy. Mine came with the synthetic stock and I immediately changed over to walnut for aesthetic reasons and I discovered how accuracy instantly improved as well.

Expensive to shoot?

Well, 147-gr NATO at Academy Sports is a dollar per round plus tax (current production Winchester Q3130). I've seen PrviPartisan and a couple others going for around $15.00 per 20 online so there is also shipping on top of that. There is some non-reloadable steel cased stuff around like Monarch (Academy branded) for around $12.95/20 and Federal Gold Medal Match is about $30-$35 per 20.

My reloads are running me between fifty-cents up to about a dollar each depending on the bullet. If I add in my time it's pretty expensive because of all the case prep involved on each piece of brass. But I never count the "cost" of reloading time involved.

Had my eye on a Scout for several years and the stars finally aligned. Picked this beauty up this afternoon...

Rear Sight - Military Aperture .0690 w/ MOA Adjustment For Both Windage and Elevation

Front Sight - National Match .062" Blade

To sweeten the deal I was able to purchase during their current Gear Up M1A promotion and will receive three free 20 round mags. Just submitted the paperwork and should have the mags in a couple weeks...

L.E.S.~

Holy Crap!!!! It's sexy in a beast sort of way. Congrats on joining the fraternity.

Mine is still pretty much stock with just a couple of steel parts parts upgrades and I sanded the handquard so it doesn't contact the stock. Got some correct drill bits ("O", "P" and aircraft length #15) and a roller greaser tool, and a spare firing pin and extractor. If you want bits I can help you get them much cheaper than from Sadlak.

Wow. I know how proud you are.

Let's see:

A CZ97BD and an M1A Scout Squad in walnut all in the same week...

How can you top that?

Get the bits from McMaster

2932A26 Letter "O"
2932A27 Letter "P"
3096A326 #15 Aircraft length

Shipped they cost me sixteen bucks and change.

Buy a $4 "Made in USA" hickory tack hammer handle from your local Ace/TrueValue hardware (local family owned) and section it. Use a drill press and some sandpaper.

Twenty-one bucks TOTAL invested (instead of fifty bucks) pays for a bunch of primers or a pound of powder.

drill-bit-set_zpse24b16c6.jpg

Seeing that I'll do this whole drill bit procedure about only about once a year I figured I could save about thirty bucks on the 3-bit "Fancy" set to use for other things like primers.

I took the pic before I sanded and urethaned the handles.

Don't know 'bout pales in comparison nite, I'm particularly fond of the way yours looks.

Thank you for the info on the bits.

Let's see:

A CZ97BD and an M1A Scout Squad in walnut all in the same week...

How can you top that?

Doubt I'll ever be able to top this weeks score.

Also found a pre-'68 500B 16 gauge in close to mint condition earlier this week for $150. Maybe this'll be my lucky 3-gun set up?

L.E.S.~~

Your new M1A looks dry.

Properly grease that bitch!

BTW, no need to search for Lubriplate 130-A. Lots of other great alternatives you can find in local stores.

Back