M590A1 Slings...

Discussion in 'Bags, Gear And Load-Outs' started by SHOOTER13, Sep 11, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 ON DUTY Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Curious as to what brand slings those members with a Model 590a1 are running...

Just ordered an Elzetta QD Sling Swivel Kit to compliment my already installed ZSM Shotgun Flashlight Mount and ZPR8700 Rail Kit ( hard anodized aluminum Mil-Std M1913 5 slot rail... laser mount ).

{ Brand Names / Website Links / Pics would be appreciated...}

Thanks in advance...

Maybe my buddy nitesite will weigh in...?!
  2. DarkPassenger308

DarkPassenger308 .223 Supporter

I'm running the Blue Force Gear sling on my 590 home defense gun. Having a padded section in the sling helps with the heavier 20" barrel. No padding is an option, too.

I like the captive slider that adjusts overall sling length. No loose end dangling around. I can manipulate it by feel in total darkness if I need to. I can quickly tighten it up across my chest if I need to use my hands, etc.

It's a bit spendy for a sling, but I've used it for a few years now without regret. I also use QD and can quickly swap it over to any of my AR platforms, .22 rifle, and even a Shockwave grip that I sunk a QD mount into.

Blue Force Gear Vickers 2-Point Padded Combat Sling, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077E5DNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rZ1Tzb6129X9P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. SHOOTER13

Thanks my friend...
    DarkPassenger308 likes this.
  4. nitesite

nitesite Ammo Nerd Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Hi SHOOTER13.

My 8+1 590 with standard shoulder stock has a BLACKHAWK Universal Swift Sling 70gs17bk

It needs no purchase of extra QD points. Everything comes in the kit for multiple variations. It hangs my shotgun across my chest in a correct firing orientation and also works great for across the back or vertically.

http://blackhawk.com/products/long-...sories/tactical-slings/universal-swift-sling/

CopsPlus has it for about $33 and comes in two colors: BLACK and Coyote Tan

https://www.copsplus.com/blackhawk-universal-swift-3-point-sling
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. nitesite

Oh, and I run one sling strap (two point config) ranter than that silly 3-point tactical crap. Very clean, very streamlined, very fast to throw over my head and thrust my left arm thru. I really like it and it gets used in real life enough to know that it lacks nothing. You having the forward QD point would make it even better!
    DarkPassenger308 and SHOOTER13 like this.
  6. SHOOTER13

Thanks Brother...I appreciate your advice.
    nitesite likes this.
  7. nitesite

You bet Brother. :)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.