• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magazine tube question

Is the Magazine tube supposed to be able to turn a little? Mine will turn some in the band and forearm. It's not a tight and rigid fit at all.
Bill

Good to know. Thanks for updating this. I'm sure the 464 owners will find it helpfull.

Reply from Mossberg:
It is normal for the magazine tube to have some play on this firearm.
Bill
I measured the play and it is about 1/8" Rotational movement. I replied back to them with the new information and will post their reply.
Bill

Threw in the towel and took it back to my Gunsmith. He will also check to see why the accuracy has fallen off. I'll report back on how it works out.
Bill

I had a few talks with Joe? at Mossberg and the feed tube is one of the subjects. He said he asked about the tube before and was told that it is held in with blue thread sealer. There may be a flare on the end also which holds it in the receiver and removing it would mean stripping out everything in the receiver. I did not look mine over to see if it was possible but I am not mechanical. I know I could feel a lot of resistance when I had the trouble with the follower and never got it to pull out more than about 1/8 inch. Flaring the end made sense to me. Blue juice to hold it also.

Back