• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magnifiers and Eotech 512

SHTFAR15

I have an Eotech 512 on my AR and entertaining a magnifier...want some feedback on various ones...I've had it with trial and error. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I've been running a SightMark magnifier on a FTS mount behind my EOTech 512 for several years now...

It has also spent some time behind my EXPS2-0...

Works like a charm. One unexpected benefit is that the magnification really cleans up the reticle. Not that the EOTech reticles are sloppy by any means, but it takes all the fuzz out. Leaves a clean crisp ring and a sharp dot...

A 3x magnifier cut my groups in half from 100 to 300 yards behind a red dot

SHTFAR15 said:
thanks for the options, I've thought about the sightmark, being one on my list, thanks!

Yes Sir.

The SightMark gets the job done and for a fraction of the price of the EOTech magnifier...

Yeah, I can't wrap my brain around a $400 magnifier. It's not like it has adjustments or electronics or even a reticle of its' own.

If I ever get one, it would be the twin to the one LES has.

I have an EOtech mag as well as a Vortex mag. The EOtech is great glass but at a fraction of the cost the lower priced mags work well.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
SHTFAR15 said:
thanks for the options, I've thought about the sightmark, being one on my list, thanks!

Yes Sir.

The SightMark gets the job done and for a fraction of the price of the EOTech magnifier...

Yes, I saw the price of the EOTech magnifier, I choked on the cost!

SHTFAR15 said:
oli700 said:
A 3x magnifier cut my groups in half from 100 to 300 yards behind a red dot

what brand 3x magnifier are you using?

Primary Arms Long Eye Relief.

It is as good and clear as the 500 dollar offerings and the eye box is very generous.
I took the rubber armor off . It is fully adjustable for getting the dot center if slightly off The only thing it doesn't do as good is gather light as well as the high dollar magnifiers, but it isn't any darker than your bare eye.
Got it on a quick disconnect flip to the side mount. I don't normally keep it on but it always close by.

You guys really frighten me with those photos of really scary looking rifles.

I'm serious. For real. Please, don't tell me that they were actually LOADED with ammunition when you took those photos. Because if they were, I would just explode and die from the sheer fright and horror.

Y'all are creeping me out with pics of scary looking tactical rifles. Now I can't sleep.

Stop it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlWBhohDp4

Back