1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Mainers?

Discussion in 'New England' started by walpoler, Aug 2, 2011.

1. walpoler

walpoler .410

Any Mainers on the forum? Would love to hear from ya....Yessa, Bub.
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

i used to go to maine every summer. lewiston,auburn area. there is a lil town called wales. and sabbatus lake. i love that place. also, my mom's side of the family all live up there, 7 brothers and sisters. it is now a ginormus family.

does that count?

:D
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Been all through New England...beautiful in early fall !

The original inhabitants of the territory that is now Maine were Algonquian-speaking peoples. The first European settlement in Maine was in 1604 on Saint Croix Island, by Pierre Dugua, Sieur de Mons. The first English settlement in Maine, the short-lived Popham Colony, was established by the Plymouth Company in 1607. A number of English settlements were established along the coast of Maine in the 1620s, although the rugged climate, deprivations, and conflict with the local peoples wiped out many of them over the years.

As Maine entered the 18th century, only a half dozen European settlements still survived. Patriot and British forces contended for Maine's territory during the American Revolution and the War of 1812. Maine was an exclave of Massachusetts until 1820, when as a result of the growing population and a political deal regarding slavery, it became the 23rd state on March 15 under the Missouri Compromise.
  4. Ripsnortr

Ripsnortr 20g

Not in Maine myself, nextdoor in New Hampshire.
  5. walpoler

walpoler .410

^^^^^The Shire is close enough. Maybe I should spread the word of MO in the Pine Tree State.
  6. SUGARLOAFER

SUGARLOAFER Copper BB

7. N1YDP22

N1YDP22 .410

i'm in mechanic falls,maine
  8. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

welcome to the club from NY.
  9. N1YDP22

N1YDP22 .410

i'm running some online 22 rimfire matches on here in the compitition section
  10. Audleyman

Audleyman Copper BB

I'm in Maine. I grew up in the Portland area. Went to high school in Westbrook. I now live in Hartland.
  11. valvestem

valvestem .22LR

I grew up in Portland, my family moved to Scarborough when I was 17. I went in the USCG for four. Then moved back to Portland. Now I live in a nearby city , but will always be a "Portland Boy".
  12. Freedom

Freedom .410

Solon Maine, since 1971. Before that, I forget......