• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

major reloading score!

Ttutt

.270 WIN
I've been preparing ever so slowly to begin loading my own shells.
money is a major factor in that I basically ally have none to spare. but today idealized that I've been sitting on a sizeable stockpile of lead that I can use.
some time ago, I squires eleven balast bags like are used to steady photography lights, stands etc. eleven bags in 20, 15 & 10 pound sizes totaling over 150 pounds.

the over day I bought some big sinkers to melt into a larger weight. it was nice and clean. this galaxy lead melted quite a bit dirtier so that might reduce the overall yield, but I've still got a big chunk of reloading cost taken care of for now.

the "shot" itself appears to be #8 at the largest and. #10 or less.at the smallest. three sizes that were already sorted. I figure I could load the right weight of any of those and get a workable shell. the larger shot is deformed so it might not pattern well though.

Grabbin' lead and primers and powder is the best way to start planning to one day reload. That much lead starting out ain't nothing to sneeze at!!!! Lead will be (is) harder and harder to come by in future years.

nah. just set tour whole house up as a bullet trap, make an anonymous call to the ATF and set off some black cats after they've been there a while.

BINGO! ton's of free lead...:twisted:

HAH! my autocorrect had ATF as STD!!

Back