• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Marble Bullseye Sights

I use the Marble Bullseye sight on my 464 because of it's simplicity and it gets me on target in the woods quickly. It does however require a little more work to get proficient using it. Practice, Practice, Practice, !!!

With a tip from a friend I finally figured out how to use the Marble Bullseye Sight on my 464. I now cradle the 464's factory front sight bead in the bottom of the small peep on the Bullseye sight. This gives me more consistency in the groups and much better accuracy. In addition I now sight in at 25 yards. With open sights and my eyesight 25 yards enables me to get a much better sight picture. At 50 yards the front sight bead covers the black in a 5.5" target so shooting tight groups is difficult.

In the picture below I have the bead cradled in the small peep sight with none of the post visible. The bead just lays in the bottom of the peep sight. This helps me to sight in the same every time.
upload_2015-9-20_7-0-17.png

http://www.marblearms.com/bullseye-sight.html

Bill

I tried that same site combination & had the same problem out beyond 25 yds....the front site dot blocking out the target center. Not a huge deal since my eyes are not that great anyway, but I found a crosshair hooded front sight & gave it a try. Definitely better for me, but now I'm thinking a peep rear sight with the crosshair front might be better yet.

I just ordered the Skinner Lo-Pro peep sight. We'll see how it pairs with my hooded front. They're saying at least 2 weeks before it ships from Skinner, so I guess they make'em after they get an order. I currently have the smaller Marbles bullseye, but even at its lowest position with my(rather tall)hooded front the rifle shoots high at 75 yds when I center both sights. The Bullseye has such a large aperture I can compensate, but I'd rather be able to have a rear sight I can adjust to center it(if that makes sense). Plus, the smaller aperture & the longer sight radius with the Skinner should be an improvement. I'll report back when it arrives.

I use the Marble Bullseye sight on my 464 because of it's simplicity and it gets me on target in the woods quickly. It does however require a little more work to get proficient using it. Practice, Practice, Practice, !!!

With a tip from a friend I finally figured out how to use the Marble Bullseye Sight on my 464. I now cradle the 464's factory front sight bead in the bottom of the small peep on the Bullseye sight. This gives me more consistency in the groups and much better accuracy. In addition I now sight in at 25 yards. With open sights and my eyesight 25 yards enables me to get a much better sight picture. At 50 yards the front sight bead covers the black in a 5.5" target so shooting tight groups is difficult.

In the picture below I have the bead cradled in the small peep sight with none of the post visible. The bead just lays in the bottom of the peep sight. This helps me to sight in the same every time.
View attachment 9270

Bill

View attachment 9270

Bill
Interesting! Just got a used 464 & would like to change the front & rear sights to Marble Arms, but can't figure out how to remove the current sights. Any help? Thanks.

Back