1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Marco Rubio Goes Full RINO

Discussion in 'Gun Rights, Fights and Rallies' started by carbinemike, Jan 5, 2019.

1. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Rubio is about to propose a federal version of the "red flag" laws where gun rights can be taken away with no accusation of a crime, no presumption of innocent until proven guilty and before you can defend yourself in court. These laws will absolutely be abused in many states to disarm people for revenge or political differences.

For those that may not know, a RINO is a Republican In Name Only. A great percentage of the republican party now fits that description.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-rubio-gun-bill-20190103-story.html
    meanstreak and Djcala like this.
  2. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

I'll be watching this with great interest. If it does become a federal law then I wonder which alphabet agency would be issued authority to enforce the judges ruling.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

I have seen more damaging confiscations of ones firearms long before "red flag" decisions were even being discussed, and they weren't done by any government. In those cases the owner had a far more difficult time retrieving his firearms compared to the intent of a "red flag" regulation.

But back to part of the original point, I am even less of a fan of Rubio now. He is pandering to the progressives in his home state.
  4. JRExplorer3

JRExplorer3 .270 WIN

My same thinking here. Sad to think Rubio was my first option back then..
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! As a FL resident, I'll be sure to give Rubio a piece of my mind and let my desires be known!
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Pretty certain 75% or more of,BOTH sides of the aisle want the same thing, power and votes. If your constitutional rights get trampled or lost they dont care. Now there are some just sitting around the country who do care in fact they swore an oath, I sincerely hope they dont have to get up......
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

NRA backs this legislation.
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I am of the belief that neither the Federal Government, nor State Government can over-ride a citizens right to due process.

All these "red flag" laws are in my opinion a violation of Federal law. 5A and 14A specifically.

It is too easy to be abused by people with nefarious reasons, or illogical emotional reasons.

I never want anyone to be harmed by some unhinged nutcase. But this isn't the way to do it. I fully believe that the Supreme court would have no alternative than to strike these red flag laws down because they remove due process.

MikeD and Water Monkey like this.
  9. Water Monkey

Question is... will the scotus ever hear a case like this. They have been punting like a mofo.
    meanstreak likes this.
  10. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

11. Water Monkey

I'm a subscriber to freedom tunes. Some of their stuff is really funny.
    meanstreak likes this.
  12. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

The more liberals gain control, the more mental health issues we have in this country. All one has to do is compare kids of today, not all kids kids of course, to kids of say, 50 years ago.
    Djcala and Water Monkey like this.
  13. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter