• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mav 88 Tactical Stock

Since I now have an 88 I'm thinking of upgrading it with a tactical stock so if anyone has any opinions and experience with one on their 88 I'd appreciate your input or suggestions. I'm looking at either the Knoxx Specops Gen II with the RECOIL REDUCTION system from Blackhawk or the Phoenix Technology Mossberg Mav 88 12 Gauge Tactical Shotgun Conversion Kit Recoil Reduction Buttstock Stock. The later from Wally World is about $30 cheaper but also comes with a 5-round side saddle shell carrier and a Single Point Black Bungee QD Quick Detatch Sling. I do already have a 6-round Boomstick Shotshell Carrier Side Saddle Holder ordered.

Not sure how to upload pictures of my upgraded 88 but here's what I have. New Hogue Forearm, Phoenix Technology Kicklite and Shell holder. Just need to get a sling adapter now.

FYI. I just wanted to pass on some info IF you are planning on putting a Phoenix Technology Kicklit stock AND maybe a single point sling adapter (GG&G) on your 88 or 500. The bolt that comes with the Kicklite stock to attach it to the receiver is too short. You will need to replace it with one at least a 1/4" longer. Luckily I was able to find one that exactly the same the original locally. One thing you do need to check is the treaded hole in the received to see if it bottoms out. Mine didn't. Just thought I'd pass on that info.

I have one of these BlackHawk Compstocks on a 20 gauge Maverick. And even then, my wife still doesn't like the recoil. :confused: I like it because it doesn't look like a special stock.

bh_k05100_c_stocks_side.jpg.aspx

Take care. Tom Worthington

Back