• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 28":What Sling For Large size Shooter?

hombre243

.30-06
I have a dozen slings for my rifles and also one for my 20 ga Pump. I have tried every one on my new Maverick and they are all too short. Another 4-6" may be about right but I can't find a sling that is longer than the normal rifle slings. I do not want one that just lassos around the stock or barrel. I want one with swivels.

Has anyone found a sling that is longer, maybe even made for shotguns specifically?

Thanks
h

What style sling do you like and what mounting points are you using?
Hi,
I am using the butt swivel stud and the Takedown screw stud. I like the slings that have swivels attached...talon swivel type. It does not matter if it has a shoulder pad, and it can be black. I like the quick adjust type but I am trying to stay away from the neoprene stretchy kind.

Not many manufacturers mention the outstretched length. I did find one manuf'r that said one option was 48". The other was 72" but there was no other description available.

Check these out from Spectre Gear. They're more "tactical" in design but they are "shotgun" slings. I have one of the 3 point slings on a hunting shotgun but I don't use it as a 3 point.

https://www.spectergear.com/searchresults.asp?cat=188

If that link doesn't go directly to the Mossberg line up, use the bar on the left and click slings by weapon system I think it says. Choose shotgun then Mossberg.

Check these out from Spectre Gear. They're more "tactical" in design but they are "shotgun" slings. I have one of the 3 point slings on a hunting shotgun but I don't use it as a 3 point.

https://www.spectergear.com/searchresults.asp?cat=188

If that link doesn't go directly to the Mossberg line up, use the bar on the left and click slings by weapon system I think it says. Choose shotgun then Mossberg.

Thanks. A little out of my budget for a sling. I think I will just order some leather and make one. Thanks for reminding me to look it up.

Attachments

• Maverick 88 and Sling Attachment.jpg
    Maverick 88 and Sling Attachment.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Maverick and Cabela Sling.jpg
    Maverick and Cabela Sling.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
That looks nice!

Thanks. I could have waited for the cheaper one to come in off backorder but with my luck the one I did get would have gone out of stock and I would have to wait for that also. $6.00 is a small price to pay to stay the aggravation.

Back