• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Forearms

BCGuy said:
Does anyone know of a canadian supplier for the slide tube?

604-420-2323 thats the only number i can see right now.they are in BC.
you might want to try mossberg international at the moosberg site.

Checked with those guys, havn't heard back from them yet, but they are a distributor for retailers so i asked if they could do a side sale for me. Seems none of the us sites ship to me, also I dont have a credit card which makes things difficult. I will keep searching though.

Let's cut out all the BS!

Is it the 7-3/4" tube you're looking for?

Let me know and I'll see if I can get my hands on one down here and I'll send it up your way. I've sent parts to Europe with little difficulty, so I'm sure we can get you what you need...

Yes it's the 7 3/4". And if you could get the nut as well that would be amazing. I could do an email money transfer if that works for you. Would really appreciate it!

OK cool,

Do you know which forend you'll be using? Might make a difference in which forend nut you will need...

OK sweet.

You should be good to go with the standard forend nut then. Let me do some shoppin around this week and see what I can scrounge up...

Hey, don't thank me yet. :lol:

These assemblies are sold out most places, but I'm usually pretty resourceful on the interwebz. Keep working it on your end as well and I'll let you know if I find anything.

...and you're welcome, I'm glad to help out...

Re: what forend is this??!?

dlnp22 said:
AWESOME support, thank you guys VERY much! Glad I've found a new home!

In digging today, I found this(see link below). I BELIEVE it's a direct replacement with no mods needed, and looks a bunch shorter than what's on there. It should clear the saddle area, ya think? At the same time, it'll allow me to put on my vertical grip(end goal) with a light on the side.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0066A ... EQYI4JDKSE

Anybody have any good recommendations for a weaver fit vertical grip? Everything I'd PREFER to buy is for a Picatinny rail. Is there any small, low profile conversion/adapter I might be able to pick up?

If I'm resigned to weaver, I think I might go with this little stub-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SC ... EOI6WJWMHJ

How are you liking your Aim Sports Maverick 88 Shotgun Forend?

I know this an old post but you can buy tactical forearms for the 88 several Co's make them. I jusr bought one for mine with 3 pic rails on it. And yes they are pinned like the stock rails.

welcome from NY. you get a chance post a pic or two of your mav 88. :)

"A word of warning", ordered the 7 3/4 action tube assembly to convert my Maverick. It arrived and it was the correct measure for the action tube, however the action bars were approx 3/4" too long and would not activate the cartridge stop/release. Talked to Mossberg today and they are reshipping with correct length(?) action bars. Hope this soves the problem. Will let all know how this works out.

Morgan said:
"A word of warning", ordered the 7 3/4 action tube assembly to convert my Maverick. It arrived and it was the correct measure for the action tube, however the action bars were approx 3/4" too long and would not activate the cartridge stop/release. Talked to Mossberg today and they are reshipping with correct length(?) action bars. Hope this soves the problem. Will let all know if this solves the problem.

sorry to hear about your problem.
keep us posted.

Good to know Morgan!
So its not just a simple swap, there are multiple bars for the 7 3/4" I guess. Now is this possibly from a model besides the 500/590? As I was sure that these two models are directly interchangeable with the maverick.

With just the slide tube, will it work the bolt far enough? If so, you can remove some of the forend on the back side.

With just the slide tube, will it work the bolt far enough? If so, you can remove some of the forend on the back side.
Negative, in this particular instance the action bars are too long and would not activate the shell stop/release. The bars must be for the 835 series???. I don't really know but the "cuts in the action bars were too long to activate the cartridge stop or interruptor by about 3/4".

Just talked to Roy in customer service and said the longer action bars are from the 590 series???

April 20 edit... just recieved the the 7 3/4" action tube, new action bars and forearm from Mossberg. Everything fits perfect. Good to go. Hint: when ordering the action tube be sure you specify action bars that fit the Maverick 88. Evidently Mossberg has action tubes made up that have the longer action bars. Thank you Mossberg for remedying the problem. :D

Back