• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action New Owner's Area

New 88 owner "wanna be"

Hello
I say "wanna be" only because I would like to buy one shortly and only hope to find one somewhere and at a good price!
tongue.gif

Anyway, I am considering either the 18.5" or 20" barrel, but have been unable to find any good
information about the actual overall length of both of these models. Can someone provide me
with this information?

Many thanks

Re: New 88 owner "wanna be"

I have the 88 20" barrel 7+1 security and I'm very pleased with my purchase!

I believe Academy usually has the 18.5" Maverick 88 for about $189.99 and that's probably the cheapest you'll see a new one going for.

Our local walmart has the mavericks for about $189 as well.

The actual 500's are $209.

Re: First time owner, buying youth model, help!

I may consider that as well. I think the stock is cheaper and easier though. How hard is it to replace myself?

Thanks! I think I'll go with the youth model and swap out the stock to a full size. Is there anything else different about the youth model that would impact me as a fully grown adult? Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

adamdunn said:
Thanks! I think I'll go with the youth model and swap out the stock to a full size. Is there anything else different about the youth model that would impact me as a fully grown adult? Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

just remember,,,,,the 20ga and 12ga stocks will both fit,,,,,,,but with the 12ga you will have a slight lip where it meets the receiver. not a big deal.

New 88 owner...field version.. by accident...

Ok so I researched on here for awhile... and finally pulled the trigger (no pun) on a mavi 88. My experience at Walmart (to be expected I guess) was absolutely horrible.. The girl at the counter was the only one working... she knew nothing about guns.. and had no idea what gun I was talking about... (on the phone OR in person)

But I grinned and beared it... took over an hour because the computers went down and had to do everything twice... also she had no help, poor girl.

But before all of this, trying to make sure I had the right gun, I told her I wanted the security model with the shorter barrel. She had no idea what I meant and she brought one out, but kept it behind the counter. I glanced at it and I saw what I thought was a short barrel. (turns out I saw the choke tube)

After all of this chaos we finally left the store, baby crying and all lol...

I get home all excited, tear it open and there is a huge 28" barrel staring at me. I am not sure what my options are or what the most cost effective ones would be....

I know it is the 6 shot model.. so I am guessing most mossberg 20 gauge barrels will work? Which barrel should I look for and are they even available?

Ive done searches but I wanted specifics as I saw folks talking about 18" and also 18.5" barrels and got confused.

Would cutting this one make any sense? Thanks for all of the help!

Re: New 88 owner...field version.. by accident...

Congrats on your new Mav88.

If what you have is the 5+1 shot 20ga,then yes other 20ga barrels will

Not sure of exactly what barrel you are looking for.

Maybe take it back and get the gun you want??????

will they do that? i guess I could call them.. but honestly its like dealing with little kids... they just DO NOT have a clue.. and everything is a big hassle for them... I know its walmart but cmon....

On the other hand I see my barrel going for the same amount as the one I want on ebay.... so I guess I could either sell it or keep it and have both. Either way I am super excited to start modding this bad boy!

Oh to answer your question I am looking for the shortest possible barrel as this is a home defense gun primarily.

rashad said:
will they do that? i guess I could call them.. but honestly its like dealing with little kids... they just DO NOT have a clue.. and everything is a big hassle for them... I know its walmart but cmon....

On the other hand I see my barrel going for the same amount as the one I want on ebay.... so I guess I could either sell it or keep it and have both. Either way I am super excited to start modding this bad boy!

Oh to answer your question I am looking for the shortest possible barrel as this is a home defense gun primarily.

That would be mossberg#90035/18.5"/20ga

Oops I'm sorry I have a 12 gauge

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

rashad said:
Oops I'm sorry I have a 12 gauge

No problem. Mossberg #90015/18.5/12ga

Hell I might just sell this one on eBay and get that one

Ohh also.. there was a little flat black piece of metal that came with this gun... any idea what it could be?

rashad said:
Ohh also.. there was a little flat black piece of metal that came with this gun... any idea what it could be?

Not a clue. Take a pic.

Here you go

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380424782600.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380424782600.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 516
Back