• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

db7500a60f0aa1c0a09da9b27f3db485.jpg

My 590 American got himself a little brother today a Maverick 88. Ordered a heat shield, hoge pistol grip and a brown side saddle Will post images once all put together
I've got an 88 with the Hogue "Tamer" furniture myself. Much, much more comfortable than the OEM p.g. None of my business, but an action bar assembly and Hogue fore-end upgrade made a world of difference for the better on how mine felt. I still don't want to shoot mine all day long, but it's a lot more comfortable on the wrist's than before.

Just put a Hogue short L.O.P. the Mav 88...

Feels much better now...
I've got a pair of 88's with the Hogue standard L.O.P. furniture and one with the Hogue Tamer pistol grip set. I've been considering replacing the p.g. with the short L.O.P. stock to make the gun more versatile yet remain more compact than standard. Is the short stock suitable for a full-size shooter to use comfortably or will my thumb hit my nose with every shot?

peace be with you,
Jeff

If you wrap your thumb over the stock then yes, you'll likely get a knuckle in the cheek bone.

I have adjusted my grip so that my thumb rides pointed forward along the top right of the tang instead of wrapped over it. Works perfectly with the short L.O.P. stock and saves me the black eyes...

If you wrap your thumb over the stock then yes, you'll likely get a knuckle in the cheek bone.

I have adjusted my grip so that my thumb rides pointed forward along the top right of the tang instead of wrapped over it. Works perfectly with the short L.O.P. stock and saves me the black eyes...
Good to know, thanks. This might be just the ticket. The Hogue pistol grip is more comfortable to me than the factory set-up, but it's still not a gun you want to spend too much time with:D.

peace be with you,
Jeff

Back