• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

I'm definitely a fan of the shorter stocks.

It's not so much a reach issue for me, but that I like to keep the shotgun tight into the body and the long factory stock makes that difficult. The Hogue 12" L.O.P. allows for quick presentation on target without having to push the weapon away from the body to get a good seat on the shoulder. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it works for me...

I'm definitely a fan of the shorter stocks.

It's not so much a reach issue for me, but that I like to keep the shotgun tight into the body and the long factory stock makes that difficult. The Hogue 12" L.O.P. allows for quick presentation on target without having to push the weapon away from the body to get a good seat on the shoulder. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it works for me...
I understand, as the standard L.O.P. Hogue fits me great. I just want as short a "house and travel" gun as possible, without the Class 3 paperwork. I thought the pistol grip would be ideal but while it's obviously shorter, it's just not working for me.

peace be with you,
Jeff

Just put a Hogue short L.O.P. the Mav 88...

mossbe10.jpg

Feels much better now...

12inch LOP 3.JPG

12inch LOP 1.JPG

I was jealous,,,,got out the power miter saw,,,now 12 1/2".

Sorry 'bout the bad pics.

Mossberg Serial Numbers

I've become so used to the Hogue short LOP that it just felt too weird trying to square up behind the factory stock...

^ Takes some get'n used to, but it'll save you some pain.

Makes safety manipulation a lot quicker on the tang mounted models too...

SlugsForThugs:

The whole rig looks wonderful! Who's matte finish is that? I've been thinking about "dulling down" my dedicated house gun. And does the Meprolight give the same sight picture as the factory bead? I've considered them before, but I want to know if the gun will still come to shoulder and sight like I'm used to. Thanks for any info you can provide.

peace be with you,
Jeff

SlugsForThugs:

The whole rig looks wonderful! Who's matte finish is that? I've been thinking about "dulling down" my dedicated house gun. And does the Meprolight give the same sight picture as the factory bead? I've considered them before, but I want to know if the gun will still come to shoulder and sight like I'm used to. Thanks for any info you can provide.

peace be with you,
Jeff
For the OD Green finish I used Aluma-Hyde II from brownells.com. I have used it on a few firearms and it is good. As for the Meprolight night bead. It is great. All my mossbergs have them. And it will give the same sight picture as a bead, no change in shouldering needed.

SlugsForThugs:

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. The Aluma-Hyde II sounds like just the ticket to finish out my HD rig. And the Meprolight beads seem to be the answer to the alarming problem of "global blurring". This is a problem that Al Gore has not addressed yet, but I personally have seen its effects increase over the last few years. I've tried to warn my wife of this phenomena, but all she did was suggest another theory too ridiculous to mention:D. Sincerely, thanks again.

peace,
Jeff

SlugsForThugs:

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. The Aluma-Hyde II sounds like just the ticket to finish out my HD rig. And the Meprolight beads seem to be the answer to the alarming problem of "global blurring". This is a problem that Al Gore has not addressed yet, but I personally have seen its effects increase over the last few years. I've tried to warn my wife of this phenomena, but all she did was suggest another theory too ridiculous to mention:D. Sincerely, thanks again.

peace,
Jeff
No problem Jeff, Any questions just ask!

Back