• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Finally...

Fronty Owner said:
the complete assembly including the metal tube, they are interchangable. the mavericks without the pinned forearm, use a shorter metal tube.
your alternative to getting a new tube is to modify the forearm to match like I did.

By "metal tube", are you referring to the entire magazine? Thanks and take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
Fronty Owner said:
the complete assembly including the metal tube, they are interchangable. the mavericks without the pinned forearm, use a shorter metal tube.
your alternative to getting a new tube is to modify the forearm to match like I did.

By "metal tube", are you referring to the entire magazine? Thanks and take care. Tom Worthington.
100_2711.jpg

no, the forearm has a metal tube that the action bars are attached to. Its the tan portion in my picture.

that picture is the "short" action tube. I had to grind about 3/4" of material out of that forearm to make it fit.

nitesite said:
With the 18.5" barrel that is one helluva impressive shotgun!

When you get into shooting it with slugs or buckshot, make sure you don't try leaning into the gun while seated on a bench or table. Stand with 75% of your weight on your weak-side foot and let the recoil bring you upright.

Awesome looking SD shotgun, for real!

Thanks! Yea I hope I never have to use Buck with the 18.5 barrel on :D . So I would assume then the recoil is quite a bit more with the shorter barrel?

Finally...

So I got to shoot the SG last weekend for the first time. Went out and shot some clays with 7 1/2 birdshot. She shot flawlessly, no jams, failure to eject, ect. Also got to try out the short barrel, works great at close range. Now just need to get my hands on some buckshot and try that out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad to hear that your first time out with your new Maverick 88 went well! I would suggest trying some slugs as well if you get a chance to.

Nothing like the fun of getting to fire your new gun! That is accept getting to fire your new gun again! :lol:

Tom396 said:
I wonder why that forearm looks more like the one on my wife's 20 gauge 500 than the forearm on my Maverick 88? This is what the forearm on my 88 looks like:

31023big.gif

and here is the forearm of my wife's 500:

50450.jpg

Ironically, mine now has a pistol grip on it and her's has a Compstock. Take care. Tom Worthington

Because the fore end on the OP's model is the "field" fore end. The other one is the "security" fore end. I bought the same Mav the OP did and swapped out for a 18.5" security barrel, so I have both barrels. I had to cut down the rear of my field fore end to use my side saddle and make it more "security-ish".

Maverick 88

Purchased this last week!! Going shooting this weekend!! Can't wait

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357875713.415995.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357875713.415995.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 386
Back