• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

New 88 Owner here with Tactical Transformation pics :)

Hey Everyone!

New 88 owner here. I was given an 88 for Christmas by my father. Love how solid the gun seems so far, but will be shooting it for the first time this coming tuesday. It is going to be a home defense weapon more than anything, so I have added the ATI Halo Heat Shield with Ghost Sights (Seems to be a popular choice), as well as a BlackHawk Spec Ops II adjustable stock... they claim it reduces recoil by up to 70%, so we'll see. I have a new forend and vertical grip with integrated 260 lumens LED flashlight waiting to go on the gun, but I have to find a 7 5/8" Mossberg 500 Tube assembly first so I can actually mount it all :)

Anyways, here are some pictures!

How she started:
59551_943836177968_1472342530_n.jpg

EMA Forend:
64943_943836247828_1793489515_n.jpg

The ATI Heat Shield:
69644_943836287748_626850484_n.jpg

76087_943836332658_1930549925_n.jpg

184472_943836362598_421600975_n.jpg

578436_943836392538_1867940781_n.jpg

And the BlackHawk Stock:
74096_943836552218_780465493_n.jpg

397643_943836587148_1210374454_n.jpg

Re: New 88 Owner here with Tactical Transformation pics :)

Lookin good!

Lookin forward to your range report...

Looks great; how do you like the new forend?

Thanks guys! The forend isnt' on the gun yet b/c I have to replace my tube assembly with a Mossberg 500 tube assembly so I can actually mount it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
KwikStix said:
but I have to find a 7 5/8" Mossberg 500 Tube assembly first so I can actually mount it all :)

Here you go...

CombatTactical: ProMag Mossberg 12 Gauge 7 5/8" Action Slide Tube Assembly

Thanks for the link! I'm emailing them to see if they have it in stock since it's the first place online I've seen that has it without them being sold out.

Good idea.

It let me add one to the shopping cart last night before I posted the link. Good luck and keep us posted...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Good idea.

It let me add one to the shopping cart last night before I posted the link. Good luck and keep us posted...

I saw that, but that's happened to me on other sites, and then I get an email telling they will email me when the product is back in stock lol.

Very nice! I'm picking an 88 up this weekend and will be doing similar upgrades. I'm interested in the tube assembly swap. Please post an update when you do it.

Looks good man! Welcome to Mossberg Owners btw!

Good lookin gun and good lookin field dog too, a setter, yes? Do you hunt at all with the dog?

Looking Really Good! How do you like that HALO Heatshield?? :)

nice transformation!!! :D

Thanks Everybody!!

The dog is an English Springer Spaniel, and no I don't hunt with him... he'd probably get the bird and then try to keep it away from me because that is his favorite game haha. He's only 1 1/2 years old.

I LOVE the heat shield... it works very well. We shot for about 6 hours the other week and i hit the shield a few times and it wasn't even warm (granted it was 27 degrees outside), but it's also extremely solid. I like the sights, but not sure if I'll keep them. I need to shoot a few more times. When we were shooting skeet/thrown water bottles I didn't have a problem hitting them, but I found it was slightly more difficult to keep my target in view as I was unconsciously trying to aim through the sights.

BUT, we shot some slugs, and it was dead on accurate from about 40 feet away with the sights. I think I'll leave them on because i have to take off the whole heat shield to remove them.

My Maverick.

Just figured I would post a picture up of my Mossberg Maverick 88 Security. I got it for a steal in like new shape. I've added the Tacstar Saddle, ATI Talon stock and flashlight/mount since I've owned it. I have a ATI heatshield w/ Ghost Ring sights on order. After that a sling will be added and then it will be completed. But enough jibber jabber here's the gun :mrgreen: ...

IMG_0549.jpg

Re: My Maverick.

nice shotty. love to hear the range report and how she behaves. congrats. :)
(nice with the 20" barrel)

Re: My Maverick.

I like it. D*mn, they sure do ship 'em in big boxes now. :shock: Take care. Tom Worthington.

Back