• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: Stock Advice

All my parts arrived today. I have one more thing to put on and then if I get time after scarfing tomorrow, I'll get some pics and post some Thanksgiving gun pr0n!

I have the ATI Scorpion adjustable stock on my Winchester 1300 and am really enjoying it! Fortunately I don't clean my firearms oftem or id be more irritated over havin to remove one torx screw to do so! :lol:

It is a nice fitting and solid stock and I enjoy the adjustable LOP! ;)

Well, didn't get pics posted yesterday. Too many people over and too much turkey. So, a day late, but hopefully worth the wait. Here ya go,..

shotgun_20121123-00.jpg

shotgun_20121123-01.jpg

shotgun_20121123-02.jpg

shotgun_20121123-03.jpg

shotgun_20121123-04.jpg

shotgun_20121123-05.jpg

Damn, there's a Maverick under there somewhere? :D Looks great. I like the sight also, where did you get it? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
Damn, there's a Maverick under there somewhere? :D Looks great. I like the sight also, where did you get it? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Yes there is a Maverick 88 under there. Hah. I love it. The fiber optic front sight, I assume that's what you mean, is a HiViz snap on. I don't remember where I got that one specifically but I have one on all my bead sighted shotguns. You can buy it direct from HiViz, http://www.hivizsights.com/products/sho ... s/mpb.html for like $23. I love it. It's awesome in low light.

The only complaint I have about the stock is, the adjustment lever seems a bit o the large side and a bit blocky and sharp on the edges. Some judiciously applied sandpaper or a dremel may relive some of that.

Otherwise, I'm loving the new fit out. It's just enough "tactical" while still being totally practical and useful. It also doesn't weight a ton. In fact I'm considering getting the ATI shell holder that goes on the butt stock, and carrying another 5 rounds back there.

Great looking Firearm, Sir! That recoil pad adds a whole new look to that buttstock. Without it I feel it looks way too much like an Airsoft stock ;) haha But I like it a lot with the recoil pad!

How are you liking that Hi-viz snap on? I just got one for free with some ammunition :D

Itsricmo said:
Great looking Firearm, Sir! That recoil pad adds a whole new look to that buttstock. Without it I feel it looks way too much like an Airsoft stock ;) haha But I like it a lot with the recoil pad!

How are you liking that Hi-viz snap on? I just got one for free with some ammunition :D

I use it on all of my shotguns, 3 so far. I find it hard to imagine using anything else. I like it a lot.

I have read many reviews that say how well the recoil pad works!
It also looks really good like I said!

Opinions on Hogue

Just tried out my 88 Security now that it's all fixed up and discovered that the ribbed forend causes pain to my left hand. Just 1 of the milder side efects of chemo. Now I'm thinking of the Hogue Overmolded stock and forend kit. Has anyone been dis-satisfied with this set-up?

regards and thanks in advance,
Jeff

Re: Opinions on Hogue

Wow Jeff, sorry to hear about the chemo and side effects. Kudos for being out there shooting! Here's hoping for a full recovery. I added a Hogue overmolded stock to a 590A1 and was very happy with the product and quality. Both the stock and forend are easier to grip with the rubber coating. The forend was a little sloppier than the Mossberg piece. I like mine and would recommend it.

Good Luck!

Re: Opinions on Hogue

I'm with CBMike, good to hear you're able to shoot! God bless you man, ill be prayin for your recovery!

I too have the Hogue stuff on my Mossberg and love it! Can't complain at all!

Here's a link to some review type stuff;
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2280

Back