• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: Opinions on Hogue

Another +1 on the Hogue.

I don't use their forend, but their 12" LOP stock is the best shotgun add-on I've ever bought. Let us know if you end up getting one. We'd love to get your feedback. Hang in there and good luck with the treatments. We'll be sending prayers your way...

05001L_05.jpg

The hogue grips are great but you will need to change out your forend to a Mossberg 500 style if you want to use one on your Maverick 88.

Good lookin out Dan, I had forgotten about that!

I have the Hogue short LOP stock and Hogue forend on my 870 which has now been configured for HD.

I highly recommend it.

All respondents:

To all I would like to say a sincere "thank you" for your prayers and good wishes. They've paid off because a half-hour ago I got the call from my oncologist. Yesterdays PET scan showed no hot spots, so I'm through with chemo!

I'm told it can take a year or more to recover from the treatments but I feel better already knowing that now it's just a test every six months as opposed to weekly treatments. I've lost 60lbs. since May, can't wait to strap on a feed bag!

Thanks as well for the input on the Hogue equipment. It sounds like everyone is pleased with it and that's the way I'm going to go. I'd already added a factory forend tube and "500" forend, so it should be an easy swap.

regards and thanks,
Jeff

good news Jeff , hang in there and dont forget to fight hard

I may be late but I will give the Hogue another +1 Vote! :D
I have it rocking and ready roll right now my 500!

Also, Great News, Man!

glad to hear the good news for you all around. prayers and thoughts.

That's awesome news Jeff!

It's just in time to enjoy a big 'ole Christmas feast too! Enjoy it Sir and we'll keep the prayers coming for good measure...

Plus another Jeff!...great news! Continue getting well and keep us posted on your progress with that 88.

All respondents:

Again, my sincere thanks for your prayers and good wishes. Please accept my apologies for not saying thanks to oli700, Itsricmo, old mossy, and carbinemike earlier but I've been so busy making holiday plans with my wife and kids. Sounds hokey to some, but it will be a real joy to be able to attend mass this Sunday and not feel like I've imposed on someone to come to me.

I've ordered the Hogue set and can't wait to get it on the gun. And I admit it's not just for the practical benefits, I think they look really good!

regards and thanks,
Jeff

Its always my pleasure to throw in my 2 cents, lol….hopefully that put a little grin on your face, what I meant to say was its always my pleasure dealing with good folks like you

Just glad my input could be of some use again :D If you want to try out the Hogue Pistol Grip shoot me a message, I have one laying around somewhere I am not using right now.

Wood stock for Mav 88

I am sorry if this has been posted before. Where is the best place to look for wood stock and forend for the MAV 88? I have seen pictures of them and think they look very sharp but not sure where to start my search.

New guy with a question

Ive been on the site for about 3 min now so i apologize if this is in the wrong section. but heres the question in short. Will a remington shurshot stock fit on my maverick 88? ( personal experinces??) and if not is there a stock that is very similar that will fit? thanks!

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 518
12 and 20 differences

just picked up a 12 recently and really noticed the extra stock length. must be just to compensate for recoil difference i guess. thinking about taking off .25" what do you guys think? has anyone tried this? btw, these are both great shotguns. have had good times with the 20

Re: 12 and 20 differences

I never knew there was a length difference in them....unless one is a youth or something ?

Back