• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Take down screw replacement

Yes i cannot figure out how to get this off
950515.jpg

Take the barrel off the gun. If you look on the back part you will see a metal clip type thingy. You might have to put a flat screw driver under it to hold it from turning while you unscrew the retaining screw it self.

Got my new Take-Down screw today without a retaining clip :mad: and i don't know where the hell i put my last one.. anyways do i really need that clip?

Any good hardware store should carry them. Take the screw with you.

so i take it i definitely need it
No, BUT, it will keep the screw captive so you don't lose it or drop it in the mud or down a drain... I don't know if a hardware store will have that exact clip but they may have a circlip ("e"-clip) that will work...

Zachary, did you not like the pumpkin puncher? Or did you get tired if it snagging everything, OR did it make it hard to sleep with like mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol i did like it, and yes it snagged alot but mainly i got rid of it because after shooting it would leave unremovable marks on it

Hi,
I found this thread while looking for info about the takedown screw on the Maverick, and whether I need aa new screw specially made for a sling stud, or if the takedown screw is threaded for a stud. I think I found my answers here.

In my search elsewhere for the answers I found a part number for the stud in the Mossberg 500/590A1 accessories section. Part number 12030 is the number for the stud. If the take down screw is threaded for this stud I am good. I have a new Maverick coming to my FFL and want to get it ready for a sling. I ordered a setup from Amazon, and paid the price. Now If/when I get any accessory barrels, I will just get this stud. Any comments and help will be appreciated.
Thanks

I would wait until you have your new Maverick in your hands and see what they sent you. I've seen them send a small brown envelope with a couple swivel screws in it. Maybe you'll get lucky. Some barrel screws are threaded ,,,,, some aren't.

That is the correct part number.12030.

Keep us posted on what they sent you and how the new Maverick came.

I would wait until you have your new Maverick in your hands and see what they sent you. I've seen them send a small brown envelope with a couple swivel screws in it. Maybe you'll get lucky. Some barrel screws are threaded ,,,,, some aren't.

That is the correct part number.12030.

Keep us posted on what they sent you and how the new Maverick came.

I will let you know what they send.

FedEx just delivered it to my FFL so I will get it tomorrow. It is about 45 minutes to get to the shop and he closes in less than a half hour.

I am anxious to get it. It has been years since I had a 12 ga. I do most of my hunting with rifles or a 20. Next in lineup is a 24" bbl and a Poly Choke. I like that 9 choke selection.

I will post any interesting pics.

Thanks
h

Back