1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Maverick 88 trigger problem

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Safety And Troubleshooting' started by Fishin John, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Fishin John

Fishin John Copper BB

I did the initial cleaning of my new Mav 88 and when I reassembled it, the trigger group didn't work. I found that if I push the trigger to the left as I squeeze it, it will strike......any ideas what's happening? I never took apart the trigger group. Help please!
  2. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Welcome to the forum Fishin. I can't help but I'm sure someone that can will be along.
    Fishin John likes this.
  3. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Take it apart and reassemble it. Inspect the parts before you put them back in. You should never force anything into place as things can bend. Test the trigger assembly while out but don't let the hammer smash on the inside the the trigger assembly--put a rag and/or finger over it to cushion the impact. It is possible a pin slid out of place. Gootoob has a plethora of 500 disassembly/reassembly videos including the trigger. Good Luck and Welcome Aboard! :)
    Fishin John and meanstreak like this.
  4. Fishin John

Fishin John Copper BB

Thank you for your help.
  5. Fishin John

Fishin John Copper BB

Should the trigger group on the Mav88 be oiled? It is 90% plastic so I am not sure if it will help or hurt....
  6. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

A couple drops couldn't hurt. Excess oil will only make a mess though, and attract dust...