1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Maximus Arms - Franklin, TN

Discussion in 'East South Central' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Jan 15, 2015.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

[​IMG]

This is a local company that's been producing 1911's for the past few years. Every part of their firearms, inside and out, are 100% made in the USA. I've had my hands on one in a shop here and I have to say the overall feel, fit, and finish is excellent...

http://maximusarms.com/index.html

The integrated parts are an interesting spin. I especially like the idea of the flared mag well as part of the frame. Not too crazy about the ghost ring rear sight, but they do offer a simple notched adjustable target sight as an option. Been looking at options for a railed 1911 and their Gladiator in the Melonite black finish might just end with a place in my safe at some point in the near future...
    Stormin'Norman likes this.
  2. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

Cool pistol, the Greek thing is starting to wear thin for me
  3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Racist old man BANNED

Nice gun. I wonder if the MSRP is coincidental. ;)
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

I agree the Greek/Roman theme has been overdone recently, but it makes sense for a local company.

Nashville was labeled "The Athens of the South" back in the 1850's and a full-scale replica of the Parthenon was built in the center of town in 1897...

2015-01-15-10-34-54-307628929.jpeg

Several of the oldest buildings downtown were built to mimic Greek and Roman architecture and there are dozens of smaller monuments scattered throughout the city. Many of the suburbs and surrounding towns are named for Greek and Roman cities. Hell, even Memphis was an ancient Egyptian city once ruled by the Roman empire. The local ties to Greece and Rome here go back a lot further than the recent fad...
    John A. and oli700 like this.
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I found that interesting as well...
  6. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Being a UM alum, I agree when it comes to anything Spartan. ;-D

Nice looking gun LES. How much extra weight does that rail add?
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Not sure.

They list the Gladiator weight at 40.8 oz so it's a bit on the heavy side, but the non-railed Centurion specs are not up on the website for comparison...
    MikeD likes this.
  8. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

You said you had your hands on one so I thought you might just have a feel for how it compares to other 1911's.
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Oh, gotcha.

It's heavy. Heavier even than many railed 1911's from other brands. Compared to Colt's XSE rail gun at 36.5 oz or Springfield's TRP Operator at 42 oz. it's not excessively heavy, but it's not light either...
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  10. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

that's cool, like the buildings