• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MAYBE there is just a glimmer of light?

Tom396

.30-06
I watch online ammo prices everyday. Maybe more than once a day. First, the bad news. Prices are still ridiculous. Now, the good news. It has gotten lower. No, still not low enough for me to buy...but still. It is an improvement over a month ago. I am specifically referring to 40 S&W, .22LR, and 12 gauge. Still not reasonable, but better than last month. Who knows? Take care. Tom Worthington

Nothing on the shelves here in California except calibers that almost nobody shoots. It will clear up once the good old boy system gets satisfied and ammunition starts trickling down to the plebeians again.

I managed to snag a 500 round box of CCI sub sonic .22lr today. $70.00, a little high, but under the circumstances I was happy to pay the price. It gives me something to shoot in my revolvers.

CCI will sell direct to you. I picked up 500rds (10x50) of "Quiet 22" for $63ish shipped a couple months ago. You have to check in every day to see if they are in stock but they do get ammo in from time to time but quickly sell out. LINK

I was buying .22 Thunderbolts 500/$35 two years ago. The price has doubled since and you have to order in advance.

I stocked up a lot when the last .22 drought ended, so I am in ok shape for now.

While in Omaha this past week I stopped in a local gun shop, I was pleasantly surprised. I bought a box of 9mm for one of my boys, and 2 boxes of 62 gr 5.56 for my other son, and 2 boxes of .223 for myself. The prices were a little high, $34.95 for the 9mm, $23.95 each for the 5.56, and $17.95 each for the 2.23. Buy hey, I was happy to find them.

While in Omaha this past week I stopped in a local gun shop, I was pleasantly surprised. I bought a box of 9mm for one of my boys, and 2 boxes of 62 gr 5.56 for my other son, and 2 boxes of .223 for myself. The prices were a little high, $34.95 for the 9mm, $23.95 each for the 5.56, and $17.95 each for the 2.23. Buy hey, I was happy to find them.

That’s almost what we were paying in California before the shortage.

Eventually everybody that bought a new gun here will get stocked up and things will start to flow a little better.

But the 40 million Californians bought 10 million guns in the past two years. That we know about.

It might take a little longer to get supplies back up here in California.

That’s almost what we were paying in California before the shortage.

Eventually everybody that bought a new gun here will get stocked up and things will start to flow a little better.

But the 40 million Californians bought 10 million guns in the past two years. That we know about.

It might take a little longer to get supplies back up here in California.

I would define that as off-the-charts good news. Those were 10 million legal gun purchases...and in California! :perfect: Take care. Tom Worthington

There’s just a lot of slanted publicity that makes people think the majority of Californians are The worlds most liberal people, when nothing could be further from the truth.

For one thing, Over half the population is Hispanic by heritage, and the hatred of blacks by Hispanics is legendary. This has done nothing but grow in the 45 years I have lived here in California.

For another, I think California has the largest contingent of klan members in the nation.

People think of California and often think of Hollywood & high tech in Silicon Valley, but we have a huge population of poor white Ag workers and roughnecks, truckers & mechanics to keep those trucks and tractors moving.

The state of California is trying to squeeze our Ag production over the border into Mexico. They hate it, and it’s becoming a racial hot button.

The party that tells us they want America to be green is sending our EXPENSIVE water out to the ocean and sending our farms to Mexico etc. Turning the valley back into a desert And reversing 170 years of irrigation.

When it comes to politics, it is much more about cities than it is about states. North Carolina is one thing when it comes to being a state. However, it is quite another when it comes to Raleigh and/or Charlotte NC. I believe this to be true across the nation. Here, in NC, we are still not seeing much ammo on the shelves. But I have to believe it is better today than it was yesterday. Take care. Tom Worthington

It is more about rural counties vs cities here. Our county is huge but not much urban. When kids from Europe come here and see Fresno, they ask, "Where's the city?"

Meanwhile, San Francisco is big enough to be it's own county and wealthy enough to be its own nation. OTOH, LA laps its various "zones" over 5 counties like an amoeba. It laughs at mere counties. The illegals alone there would fill Cleveland twice.

I started stocking up on 12 gauge rounds when I bought my 590A1 in 2015. Haven't bought any since November of 2019 and have only put 170 rounds through the shotgun. So now I have over 1100 rounds of buckshot and 270 rounds of bird shot. Glad I did what I did when I did. Didn't see this shortage coming. I notice prices are starting to come down and availability is going up. Hopefully it will continue that trend and no more major disasters will occur before then.

When I bought my Mossberg 500 I started picking up hulls out at the rifle range. I bought a reloading press and started reloading shotgun shells, and before I knew it I had more than I will ever shoot (unless the unthinkable happens.)

Went looking for mini shells for the shockwave today at 3 local stores and was surprised at the amount of shotgun ammo I saw on the shelves. One store had multiple skids full of cases of target/clay loads.

Unfortunately 2 of the stores still have high prices on most of it. One had the Federal Shorty #8’s for $17.99 a box(10 rounds) and the Challenger Shortshell #7.5’s for $19.99(20 rounds). Those stores also still have high gun prices as well..$469 for an all-purpose 12g Maverick 88?

Luckily 1 store has decent pricing. They do limit the amount you can buy though. I grabbed some different Anguilas there. They also had 10-15 boxes of the Federal Shorty #8’s for $6.99 a box, but I had reached their limit. Not sure if I’ll go back to grab any of those.

A3B5913D-E3D2-4A31-8A1E-DACA8CE95089.jpeg

Hopefully the high priced stuff just sits there without many takers.

Back