• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MAYBE there is just a glimmer of light?

Welcome to the forum HalEgan. That is a ridiculous price for an 88. Where I am prices for guns have stayed reasonable, but ammo is a different story. At least some local gun stores seem to have more ammo available.

When I bought my Mossberg 500 I started picking up hulls out at the rifle range. I bought a reloading press and started reloading shotgun shells, and before I knew it I had more than I will ever shoot (unless the unthinkable happens.)

I think the unthinkable is becoming a distinct possibility. I also think the government is planning for that day. They are intentionally pushing the country to the far left, and they also are labeling anyone and everyone that disagrees as domestic terrorists, white supremacists, and the dreaded R word, racists.

I think the unthinkable is becoming a distinct possibility. I also think the government is planning for that day. They are intentionally pushing the country to the far left, and they also are labeling anyone and everyone that disagrees as domestic terrorists, white supremacists, and the dreaded R word, racists.
Sticks and stones. The left has been crying racist for so long it has became like the boy that cried wolf. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

. . . I will obey president Biden, as soon as he can speak . . . .

Well at this point, even if Joe sobers up, it is pretty clear that he is not really in charge.

Someone else is pulling all the strings. Somebody that doesn’t mind that we will now have to replace thousands of expensive lost weapons.

This may be how they get us even more involved in the Afghan region. I understand we were down to only 2500 regular troops in Afghanistan and it looks like now we’re back up to several thousands more.

Just until the evacuation of course.

:rules:

Yesterday afternoon the reports were that 400 of the troops had left. Ok, I admit I'm not the smartest guy in the room, but isn't that what made this so complicated in the first place? Pulling the military out before the civilians were out of country is what created this mess to begin with.

What am I missing, is there a secret strategy to this madness ?

Yesterday afternoon the reports were that 400 of the troops had left. Ok, I admit I'm not the smartest guy in the room, but isn't that what made this so complicated in the first place? Pulling the military out before the civilians were out of country is what created this mess to begin with.

What am I missing, is there a secret strategy to this madness ?
Unfortunately we have a baboon Chicom puppet in the oval office!

Apparently, .357 mag is not enough of a "common caliber". You can get .40 S&W at nearly the same price as pre Biden. You can get 9mm at nearly the same price as pre Biden. But .357 mag? Not so much. For me, it isn't so much about feeding my revolver, but now I have a couple of lever action carbines too. I just didn't see a .357 mag shortage/price crisis coming. :brick:Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom, if you're inclined to consider selling the 357 lever actions, please give me first dibs/offers. I've been looking one for a while and seems that I'm late to the party. But I'm wanting one.

Tom, if you're inclined to consider selling the 357 lever actions, please give me first dibs/offers. I've been looking one for a while and seems that I'm late to the party. But I'm wanting one.

Nice try. LOL :lol: I love both of them too death. Mine are Rossi and I see them online for reasonable prices. Well, maybe not today (I just checked), but from time to time. Take care. Tom Worthington

I've been looking one for a while and seems that I'm late to the party.

Here is one currently bidding at $155 on GB. LINK I didn't look too hard at all the listings but they all seem to be in the $600+ range. That shop is about 1.5 hours away from me--you buy it, I'll pick it up and keep it safe for you until you get a chance to come get it... :D

Maybe Henry makes something you'd like?

Here is one currently bidding at $155 on GB. LINK I didn't look too hard at all the listings but they all seem to be in the $600+ range. That shop is about 1.5 hours away from me--you buy it, I'll pick it up and keep it safe for you until you get a chance to come get it... :D

Maybe Henry makes something you'd like?

Up to $255 already. I guarantee it'll be +600 by the time the auction is over.

But I'm watching it now. If I can get in towards the end of the auction at a decent price, I'll put my 2 cents worth in.

Tom396, thanks for the link to the citadel brand gun. I had never heard of them before. While I'm not really into all the tactical stuff, I do like that the barrel is threaded already. That was something I planned to so myself to put a suppressor on it. I bookmarked that gun for sure. I just need to do so research to see if they're a decent quality or not since I've never heard of them.

I already have a single shot 357 carbine that I enjoy shooting shhh. I bookmarked that gun for sure.

Current Bid
$505.00
4 days left.

Yep. I expected as much.

Current Bid
$505.00
4 days left.

Yep. I expected as much.

Of course, it'll be way up to unreasonable inside four days from now. In today's market, $505 would be a good deal. On the plus side, I honestly expect the price(s) of firearms to come back down to normal (some are already there), regardless of current politics. Ammunition? I'm not so sure anymore. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back