• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mechanical Releases

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Have any questions about Mechanical Releases? What type do you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

I know this is an old post but what the heck...

I use several: 3 finger HT, 4 finger HT, Cater Evolution resistance release, Carter Sensation thumb release, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special (for hunting).

I have several more in a box somewhere.

OhioArcher said:

I use several: 3 finger HT, 4 finger HT, Cater Evolution resistance release, Carter Sensation thumb release, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special (for hunting).

Any pics of those?

I've tried a few of the Carters but I cannot remember the names of the specific models.

For hunting I use a simple cobra wrist release. When I was more into paper targets I used a couple different Stan's. I'll try to get some pics up over the weekend.

I could probably fund another gun with all the unused releases I have. Oh, well, takes time to find things that work for you...

OhioArcher said:
I could probably fund another gun with all the unused releases I have. Oh, well, takes time to find things that work for you...

That's definitely true. And even when you find something that works, you keep looking for that one thing that will work even better. LOL

Here's a pic of the release I used when I was more into spot shooting.

Bows_035.jpg

Sorry, I am having trouble locating my other target releases to get som epics of them. I have not used them in a while.

Here's mine....
uMqdJ.jpg

:oops: :oops:
Oooopsie....you said releases...sorry. my faux paux..
:lol: :lol:

I've got a T.R.u. Ball Stinger. I like it quite a bit. I'm thinking about lowering the trigger pull but its kinda complicated, so it'll have to wait.

ripjack13 said:
Here's mine....
uMqdJ.jpg

:oops: :oops:
Oooopsie....you said releases...sorry. my faux paux..
:lol: :lol:

Still love that album!! :lol:

I'll try to get all of them together for a picture. I'v ebeen busy gettin gready to hunt and finishing up Outdoor target shooting.

Just picked up a Tru-Fire Hurricane Extreme this afternoon...

Haven't shot compound in 20 years, and never used a mechanical release back then. Took a a few shots with it this afternoon at the shop and it felt great. Lookin forward to get'n out to the range and put'n it to work...

Nice. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

I use a Free Flight C10, for me the metal bar in the handle makes a huge diffrence. Doesnt seem to put the stress on my wrist that the more seen releases do. Or at least I know Im shooting more with less pain than I once did.

Winn_Free_Flight_C10_Release_zpsf0d5a97c.jpg

MT2 said:
I use a Free Flight C10, for me the metal bar in the handle makes a huge diffrence. Doesnt seem to put the stress on my wrist that the more seen releases do. Or at least I know Im shooting more with less pain than I once did.

Winn_Free_Flight_C10_Release_zpsf0d5a97c.jpg

I started with those. They do work well. I have 3-4 of them laying around in the basement. Two things I don't like about them is the velcro (noisy and hard to get back in the same spot) and hard to climb with it on. They do make shooting easier.

MikeD said:
OhioArcher said:

Any pics of those?

I've tried a few of the Carters but I cannot remember the names of the specific models.

For hunting I use a simple cobra wrist release. When I was more into paper targets I used a couple different Stan's. I'll try to get some pics up over the weekend.

Yes, I need to post a couple pics. Waiting for my camera to come back from Chicago.

These are releases I have that I could find...I forgot one that I use for hunting...a SpotHogg thumb release.

I don't use all of them at this time. I do use the Carter Sensation (blue with thumbhole) for hunting, the Carter Evolution (red with thumbhole) for practice and back tension training, and the 2 Truball HT's (lower right) for target shooting.

I really like the hinge releases over anything else. The blue one in the middle has popped my in the mouth a few times as has the black Carter Solution (one with the lanyard on it).

Attachments

• DSCN3218 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSCN3218 (600 x 450).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 878
A lot of trial and error to find out what worked best for me. The TruBall HT's are great unless it is windy. Not meant to be forced to fire as you "drive by" the center of the target. I fall back on the blue Sensation thumb release if it gets too bad.

Back