• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mega (R) Tactical Adjustable AR15 Trigger

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Today's modification it brought to you by the letters M, E, G, and A.

That's right, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Mega Adjustable Tactical Trigger.

It has been around for more than a year now and I haven't heard a lot about it, but after installing and adjusting it, I think that's a shame that it doesn't get more air time. Especially for $60.

The trigger is adjustable by 2 small set screws on the right side of the trigger.

mtt801-b-trigger-3quarter3.jpg

The set screws limit the amount of overtravel/takeup and reset and are user adjustable. And I must say that once it is adjusted, you better exersize caution by keeping your finger off the trigger before you're ready because there is so little creep in the trigger before it breaks and trips the hammer, I think may take a little getting used to. It is now what I consider a "hair trigger".

The position of the trigger finger is slightly farther forward than a standard trigger, and the trigger shoe is also wider, giving it more of a competition trigger feel.

I had planned to use this in my coyote popper, but now after installing it, I believe I will try it out in my SBR first since I have it set up for speed.

I took a few measurements of both a standard and the mega trigger to show how much less movement there is with the new Mega trigger. It's nearly a third less movement if you break down the numbers (which I posted in the video).

That's pretty sweet John.

Works on a similar principal as the grip screw adjuster I have in mine. Very cool. Did you have to play with it a bit to keep it from riding too close to the safety lever cross bar?

I put it in both the coyote lower, and my sbr lower.

I also noticed that I had to adjust them in their entirety in each one.

I assumed partially because of the selector as you pointed out, and also perhaps some of the reason may had been the difference in the floor depth in relation to the FCG pin holes, but while it adjusted in both lowers, I had to repeat the adjustment process both times. [shrug]

So they are without doubt specific to the parts you are installing with them and specific to what you are putting it in.

I am going to fire a few mags through it to make sure the disconnect works as it should (it functioned checked about 20 times perfectly), but I'm going to shoot in a while before I Loctite the adjustment screws just for peace of mind.

Yeah, I was just curious about that.

Had to find the sweet spot with the JBO adjustment screw, the point right between reaching maximum over travel stop and just before binding the safety lever. Took some doing, but it worked out great. Keep us posted how it does at the range...

I noticed essentially the same thing when adjusting the Mega trigger.

I found that it was easier to install the parts, then screw both set screws until they bottomed out in the channel, and then screw the setscrews back out until everything jived.

If the hammer is not cocked, it would not cock until the set screw was backed back far enough out to the correct point. Then I cocked and "fired" the hammer a few times until I was satisfied that it was proper.

Then I essentially did the same on the rear set screw until the disconnect grabbed the hammer as designed.

Then I functioned checked everything and it's really nice.

Not besides dry firing it, but it's a short pull trigger for sure.

I'm wanting to go back out this week for some trigger time.

Since I have all the AR's zero'd and setup and all now, it'll just be fun time for a while ;)

My buddy is looking to try to trade for an Olympic Arms this week and he's wanting me to run out with him to check it out before he trades for it.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the one he's looking at is 5.56.

I mean one of the 556 OA pistol uppers from way back before people new what an AR pistol was

Yeah, the old OA93's would be a nice one to find.

I saw one on gunbroker years ago and there were several bids on it and it was upwards of $1200 though.

I'm a really big fan of a lot of Olympic items. Not all mind you, but they've done some good stuff over the years. And my first 2 AR's were Oly's.

On an unrelated note, I got the Ares bolt the other day. It feels like it's on ball bearings in my SBR ;)

Yeah, I noticed that.

It would make life more simple.

Back