• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mesa Urbino Cheek Weld and Scope Mount

Hi folks. I've got the 930 tactical and planning on buying the mesa urbino to add to it. I'm also going to put an aimpoint R-1 (discontinued model) on it sitting on top of a scope mount. Would you think I'd need the stock with the riser? The aimpoint will be mounted with its stock hardware. Also where can I find a scope mounting rail to go on top of my receiver? Thanks!

My guess would be yes. The receiver will add about 1/4 inch and the scope mount will add another ??. The combination will most likely pull your cheek off the stock. I tried using a reflex sight on mine a while back and found it uncomfortably high but I didn't stick with it long enough to try a elevated cheek pad.

I ordered a rail from www.havlinsales.com. They will get you what you need.

Thanks for the info Mike! I guess I know which one I need to order now. Does yours have the regular butt pad or the limb saver on it?

I don't have an Urbino stock, I was just going with personal exp using other products. My 930 has the std OEM polymer stock on it. I've since removed the rail and the optic.

I spoke with some folks at Mesa, and they told me that the cheek weld is the same on the urbino without the riser as it is on the factory stock. Also on the stock without the riser, you cannot add a riser to it later because it's not fitted with the mechanism needed for the riser. So I bought the one with the riser and limbsaver. Buy once, cry once I guess.

I spoke with some folks at Mesa, and they told me that the cheek weld is the same on the urbino without the riser as it is on the factory stock. Also on the stock without the riser, you cannot add a riser to it later because it's not fitted with the mechanism needed for the riser. So I bought the one with the riser and limbsaver. Buy once, cry once I guess.
Did this work good? Would you recommend?

The Urbino with the cheek weld riser works great for stock sights all they way to optics.

Been very happy with mine.

Back