• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Metal follower

Well I've run several dozen rounds through mine since I trimmed the plastic follower. So far so good.

Last time I ran 20 rounds through it at the target range as fast as I could load it and work the lever and I got it good and hot and it never failed to feed.

I still want to have a metal follower I really don't like the idea of a plastic follower very much.

But for anyone who owns one of these guns, I would advise you to bob off that OEM follower to the depth of the square notch which is cast into it.

I'd also avoid getting solvent on it.

You think the notch may be a culprit? I never thought of that. Makes ya wonder what thea notch was ever put in the follower for. Mine has been working great, what little I have shot it. Hunting season will be over the end of February. maybe by March the range will be open for shooting. I heard they were moving the whole range down a half-mile and rebuilding the berm, adding a 200 yard range and fencing it in to save target butts. midnight marauders come in and blast everything all up. Can't wait to get it out again. I have loads to test that I loaded last summer and have in the box all ready to go.

Merry Christmas
h

Hombre, I believe that the thin lip of the plastic is the major problem. That square spot is even thinner.

I noticed more deformation there than anywhere else.

When you trim that lip off, the plastic remaining is thicker, and I think that's all it takes to make this problem moot.

But I believe the plastic they used is sensitive to certain solvents so I would avoid soaking it.

Hombre, I believe that the thin lip of the plastic is the major problem. That square spot is even thinner.

I noticed more deformation there than anywhere else.

When you trim that lip off, the plastic remaining is thicker, and I think that's all it takes to make this problem moot.

But I believe the plastic they used is sensitive to certain solvents so I would avoid soaking it.

Thanks Cadd. I will go find my original one and look to see what you are saying. I almost forgot what it looks like. (Im Old)

Back