• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Midwayusa is seriously sucking lately

Yeah that's the point where I ask to speak to the supervisor. At the first rude word or sign of stonewalling.

This is a minor deal. I'm sure you are a long-time customer. Midway should have just shipped you another one immediately.

Remember that if you paid 10 bucks for it they only paid 5. And it is well worth it to Midway to spend that $5 rather than have everybody think they're a bunch of assholes.

You'd be telling the internet what a great company they were, and we'd be buying their stuff.

What we write here may not get wide publishing, but what companies are figuring out is that what gets published on the Web stays on the web forever, because of all the backups, mirrors, cloud storage, search bots, caches etc.

We are not the only people that are going to read this and it's going to cost Midway something eventually.

Remember that if you paid 10 bucks for it they only paid 5. And it is well worth it to Midway to spend that $5 rather than have everybody think they're a bunch of assholes.

And if that was their regular business practice (just resend stuff with any complaint, or refund with no return of goods/insurance), they would have changed it within a year after they realized how much money they lost...

CTD is considered a garbage company by everyone for stuff that probably 95% of the people that complain had no direct experience with. I emailed them after noticing my own mistake upon checkout, to try and stop the order from going out. It was too late, but instead of having me return the wrong rails (think both I picked up were $14, then shipping), they shipped out the correct ones at no charge. The representative said to use them, toss them, or gift them to someone local. I appreciated that.

Now, does everyone wish that could be all customer service experiences? Definitely... but no company has so little overhead that they can do this constantly. I'm sorry, but that is pretty much what was being asked... refund with the product still "moving."

I'm pretty certain that screwball is just trolling.

He's had 6 posts. None of them real important. 5 posts here, and 1 in the walking dead topic.

I'm pretty certain that screwball is just trolling.

He's had 6 posts. None of them real important. 5 posts here, and 1 in the walking dead topic.

Yea, you got me...

Or maybe because I browse forums regarding weapons I have, for reference. This one, my JIC2 500 and SRII for trap. Sorry, I don't equate post count to the size of someone's internet penis. And I'm also sorry that out of the 30+ forums I browse on Tapatalk, this one isn't at the top of my list.

This thread popped out at me because I do use MidwayUSA for many of my purchases, and had a similar incident that worked out very differently. I posted my view, and with the first post, I did end it that I hope the best outcome for your situation. If I'm really looking to start stuff, I think I'd be mentioning how childish your original post was, and that I still can't equate how you are holding MidwayUSA responsible for UPS/USPS sending your order on tour across America. I'll give you a suggestion for future orders though... pay the extra few dollars for a non economy shipment (UPS Ground or USPS Priority).

Personally, I was done with my last post, but figured I'd at least respond to that comment. Sorry if disagreeing with you must mean I'm a troll. Can't see why you'd have any issues with customer service... seem like a real people person.

Trolls don't seem to hang around on the Mossberg forum, which is one of the reasons I like this place so well John.

Just an update, USPS delivered it in the mailbox Saturday (13 days past due) and I wrote refused/return to sender on it and put it back in the box. Wasn't in the box when I got the mail today, so the mail lady must've took it back.

tracking from UPS says delivered by USPS, even before the USPS delivered it. Still says delivered if you check the tracking #.

I am hoping that if/when they get it back, they'll process the refund.

Hopefully they will receive it and process it without any further intervention.

I'm hoping so. Time will tell.

I got a sales flyer from them today and I thumbed through it while waiting to pick the kids up from school this evening, and I was like "Oooh that's a....."

Nevermind.

I'm hoping so. Time will tell.

I got a sales flyer from them today and I thumbed through it while waiting to pick the kids up from school this evening, and I was like "Oooh that's a....."

Nevermind.

I recently received a catalog from CTD. I have not received anything from them for a few years since I told them to take me off of their cust list due to their price gauging. I guess they must have pulled names from the archive thinking we forgot. I have not.

Once a company burns that bridge it's hard to think of them the same again.

I don't forget.

I carry a grudge like nobody you've ever seen before. My wife says that's one of my worst faults.

I see poor screwball will have to be satisfied with only browsing 29 forums now. I hope he finds some way to cope with the shock.
Maybe there's a safe space he can retreat to, somewhere nearby.

I'm sure screwball will manage just fine. I wish the best of luck to him wherever he is at this morning.

Just to update, still no refund.

Tracking is useless. Says Delivered by Local Post Office

And to their credit, they did, but was refused and sent back. No change in the tracking number to indicate it was refused or any return tracking information back to them.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that after almost a week, they should have received it back, but no credit has been given, and nothing showing on the account either.

I'm going to say this is probably not going to get any better and I'm probably out the product AND the money at this point.

It was delivered to my house today. I found it odd but being the honest type I also rejected it. ;-D

In all seriousness this situation really sucks. Perhaps the delivery back is just as timely and accurate as the delivery out. Or Midway is faster in shipping than they are processing returns. Either way i feel your frustration.

I'm hoping, but they should have it back in hand. I would have expected they would have noted the account or something, but that isn't the case.

They do have a tab for returns on their website once you are signed in to your account, but the last return that it is showing for me, was a defective scope more than 2 years ago.

A week + after being refused/returned, I called midwayusa this evening to check the status of the refund.

Spoke to a guy named Larry. He was a lot more pleasant than the last woman I spoke to, but in the end, no more helpful.

Guy said no refund has been issued. No refund has been requested, and no product has been returned back to them.

I assure him that I have done everything I was told to do, and he left me with no option other than to dispute the charge.

He told me if I did, that midway would never take another order from me and would cease doing business with me altogether.

I told him that suited me just fine and I was going to my bank in the morning and I had no intentions at this time to buy anything else from them in the future anyway because I've been trying to get a refund for more than 2 weeks altogether now and this problem has been ongoing for almost a whole month now.

I ordered the part in good faith, when the part finally did arrive, I refused it as to their CSR instructions and I don't know what more I can do on my end other than to dispute it.

I just wanted to end the topic because it's played out as much as it's probably going to and I didn't want to leave anyone with questions as to the final outcome.

So to midwayusa, it should not come as a surprise to you, why and how you've lost a long term customer.

Bummer John. I think I would feel the same way in your situation.

Mistakes happen, shipping mistakes happen and it amazes me they are willing to lose customers over such a thing. I guess they may have become to big to care.

Back