• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Millett 5 moa red dot

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Anyone with experience with a Millett 5 MOA red dot?

I'm thinking of getting one for my 22LR SD upper so I can cowitness with my irons, and specifically to make my night shots more accurate and better than by just using irons which I admittedly suck at using irons at night, I was curious if anyone here had used one before.

I'm not going for 1 MOA accuracy using a 5 MOA dot with a 22LR conversion bolt in a .224 barrel anyway.

Just accurate enough to get rounds on target.

PS. It will be installed in an Aimpoint Cantilever mount to get a true cowitness.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/846795 ... roductDesc

Nope but it sounds like a good idea. people seem to like the Millet 1x4 ....like with anything there will be the bad ones that slip through and usually those are the people who squawk the loudest

I went ahead and ordered the millett red dot sight this morning. Along with a set of Natural Gear lightweight top and bottoms for hunting to replace my old ones with finally.

I got that set of Natural gear camo when it was first coming out probably close to 25 years ago now and it has always worked good and lasted a very long time.

I just can't fit into it any more LOL

I'll let you guys know about the sight when it comes in. But it may be early next week or so.

let us know how you like it....I never even heard about that camo till you posted it last year, I like it

Will do.

I have a few friends who own various millett products and they've been content with them, so I expect this will be alright.

I wasn't too thrilled about it being a large dot (5 moa is large to me), but considering that I am not using the upper for record breaking accuracy, should work out alright.

Especially considering that I'll be using the irons during the day and probably won't be using the dot except at night when I need something anyway.

The natural gear is not as widely known or popular as breakup and realtree and all that other stuff, which I have a lot of too, and I like looking at the pretty leaf patterns and stuff on them too, but the natural gear does what camo is supposed to do, and does it well here.

I'll be looking forward to a report too. I like the Bushnell TRS-25 I have on a 10/22. I have been thinking of adding another 10/22 and the Millet price is about half what I paid. I'll second that I think a 5 MOA dot is to big. I like them smaller.

My all time favorite electronic reticle is the donut dot like the Eotech.

My eye just picks up on it quickly, and well.

I've never been able to use very small dots due to my eyes, and why I never really got into Aimpoints and was the biggest reason why I was drawn to the Millett (no pun intended) was the slightly larger dot in hopes that I will be able to use it well enough, although I do understand about not wanting the dot too big covering up the entire target at longer distances, though in all honesty, 35-50 yards is typically the distance I shoot a 22 at.

I have one of the old Bushnell Trophy 4 reticle sights on my mossy that I love, and I have had it on numerous firearms over the 8 years or so that I have owned it that has never given me a second of grief.

I was going to get another, but after seeing they're about $95 now, and the millett was $55 and is just going on the 22 upper, I couldn't justify the extra cash right now.

But I'll let you guys know about it once I get it installed and get a few rounds through it.

The sight and camo got here this evening.

I like the sight. I like the size of the dot.

Initially, I would tap the sight with the rubber handle of the screwdriver and the reticle would jump.

I thought "this can't be good."

Until I checked the scope mount and saw that it wasn't torqued down well. DOH :oops:

After that, the reticle was rock solid.

I'm happy with it, and I think it's going to do really well on that gun.

millettreddot002_zpsb6364a4f.jpg

awesome ..... should work, you'll know after it gets bounced around some

I'm looking at magnifiers

^ Check out the SightMark magnifiers oli.

Great bang for the buck and their flip-to-side mounts are pretty sweet...

ok, been looking through a few. seems like they could help with a little more precise shot out around the 100 yard mark

Back