1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Mini shells

Discussion in 'Mossberg 500 Pump Action' started by 46camper, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 46camper

46camper .410

I have the OPSmini clip for my Mossberg 500 .my question is when I load the magazine tube the shell won't stay in the tube do I need a new magazine tube shell retainer ?

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk
  2. 46camper

46camper .410

Other then that the gun seems to cycle the shells good .just once in awhile shells come shooting out of the magazine tube

3. 46camper

46camper .410

I figured it out ordered the parts today

meanstreak and Elbert Garrett like this.
  4. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Sorry no one got back to you. I didn't have any insight to offer but glad to hear you've sorted it out! :) Please take the time to post what you had to do to fix it--don't leave us hanging... ;)
    meanstreak and Elbert Garrett like this.
  5. 46camper

46camper .410

I half to get a replacement shell interupter and shell stop .in my previous post I did not word things wright I should have said double feeding .it seemed to only do it with mini shells but I put 3in. Turkey loads in the 500 and it double fed those also .not sure if those 2 parts will fix it or not but that seems to be the first things that people replace for double feeding problems

meanstreak likes this.
  6. MarkS20

MarkS20 .22LR

My 500 also didn't feed too well on normal shells. Before I really investigated that I replaced the follower with an M-Carbo solid one. No more feeding problems.

-- Mark