• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

miss firing maverick

pakraus`

Copper BB
trying to learn to shoot a little trap. used maverick o/u miss firing. cleaned well I think. Looking for advice. thanks!

Well, it could be ammunition related. Or it could be a problem with the fire control systemn in the gun. Do you have primer dents?

Have a good gunsmith look it over before you proceed any further.

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!

Well, it could be ammunition related. Or it could be a problem with the fire control systemn in the gun. Do you have primer dents?

Have a good gunsmith look it over before you proceed any further.

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!
Thanks, no mark on last failure, happens on both barrels

Welcome from MI!!

Can you hear the hammer strike? If you hear nothing it's probably an issue with the trigger group. If you do hear a strike, you may want to remove the bolt and check to see if the firing pin moves freely through it. Packing grease my have gotten in it and is restricting movement. While you have the trigger group out check it as well to make sure the hammer locks down when pulled back and springs forward when the trigger is pulled. If it does snap back and release when the trigger is pulled does it feel like it has much tension on it (this is harder to explain unless you are familiar with the assembly). It should feel like it's going to hit enough to actuate the firing pin.

Welcome to the forum from NY.

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your O/U.

Even though it's used I would give Joe Zaker a call. He's our contact at Mossberg.

I remember a while back reading about a firing pin problem with the O/U Mavericks.

Here's his contact info,,,,,

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Mention you are a member here.

Keep us posted.

Back