OK, I'm calling this little idea the mod wad from a lack of better name. I'm wondering if any of you guys have tried to modify any of your wads to try to get them to perform a little better. I admit that I am unsure if this is going to better anything, change anything, is a waste of time and energy, or if it will help the wad and the shot separate better in hopes of having a better pattern downrange. Obviously I haven't tried it in this wad or a myriad of any others that I have used, so I can't comment on how it would work with any other wad types but I have been doing some testing with this wad and shot size/powder in the same gun to get a realistic base line for how it has been working with the unmodified wads. If any of you guys have already tried this or other minor modifications to your shotshell wads, I'm interested in hearing how it worked for you and what the mod did. Keep it tighter, spread it out more, etc. Or if you've done a different modification if you don't mind sharing I'm interested in learning something new. Unmodified DRA-12 wad has 4 large petals Modifed wad has 8 petals. I simply used a pair of scissors and cut down the center of the large petals to double them. Here is how it patterned with the same shot, same gun, same powder charge with the unmodified wad. I will update the topic later when I get to shoot a few with the modified wads to see what happens.