1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Model 510 hard to load

Discussion in 'Mossberg 510 Mini' started by Dunigan1, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Dunigan1

Dunigan1 Copper BB

hey guys,
    I have a new 510 .410 bore and i've shot about 25 rounds with it. My 9 yr old daughter who i bought the gun for can barely pump it and its hard for me too. i'm 6'3 and 250 lbs lol. I have every gun from saige 12 ga to 300 whisper. So i know my guns. This is just ridiculous. I'm no gunsmith tho. I've cleaned
    and oiled the gun numerous times with no luck. Any info would be appreciated. She's about to give up and go back to her .22 and I can't have that!!!
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Howdy Dunigan1, welcome aboard!

We have seen a number of similar issues being caused by out-of-spec cartridge stops. This can cause the action to bind up as well as feeding failures. Take a look at this thread and see if this helps narrow down the cause...

ATTN: Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions (FTF)

Keep us posted...
  3. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

hello. welcome from NY and congrats to your daughter on her new mossy.

sorry to hear about the problem you're having. obviously something is jamming.
    i would contact mossberg if you can't spot anything yourself.
    we have a contact at mossberg, send him an email.

Joe Zakher
    jzakher@maverickarms.com

keep us posted.
  4. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

,,,,guess we were posting at the same time LES.
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

6. AbyssDncr

AbyssDncr .410

I had the same problem with the same gun. I detail stripped everything, cleaned it, polished the high wear areas using my well worn 500E guts spilled out in front of me as a guide, lubed it, reassembled, and then cycled the action hundreds of times. It's still not nearly as smooth as my 15 yr. old gun, but it is 100% better now.