• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

I have read that the T is for tactical or trap. I think trap. also the front barrel screw, take down screw, does not have a threaded hole in it.

Yes, the T is speculated to be Tactical or Trap depending on the shotgun. As stated your AT is an early gun, 1970s-early 80s. Cherish the steel safety as there is no way to get them these days.

There should be a threaded tap on the bottom of the barrel lug. Later a wide barrel nut with the thread was added. Eventually the tap was deleted from the lug leaving the one on the barrel nut.

Well, it sure is a disappointment that mossberg doesn't hold its customers in high regard. I have recieved no help so far so i'll just put it to rest. Bummer for sure.

Hi, I am new here.
I have just ordered "M500 PISTOL GRIP PERSUADER 20 GA. - 18.5" BARREL". Can someone tell me whether this model has action slide tube? If not, would "Mossberg Action Slide Tube Assembly 6-1/2"Mossberg 500 C 20 Gauge" fit?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your " soon to be new Mossy".
It's hard to tell the way Mossberg mixes up the action tube and the pinned type. Wait till you get it in hand.

I picked it up from my FFL today. And yes, it has action tube and I replaced stock plastic forearm with UTG aluminum one. It fits great.

though I have put it to rest, I still get that teeth gnashing feeling every time I look at the 500at not knowing much about.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum stickboy !!

Like what you've done to her so far...

I have a "Hunter Special" which must have been a store package because I don't see it on the mossy site. I bought the 20. Synthetic stock and fore and came with a 28" rib field barrel and 24" rifled barrel with the cantilever scope base and cheap Chinese scope by BSA. Only came with one choke that is the Modified version. Odd thing about it is that I was looking to get into a Bantam or reg with after market Hogue stock with shorter LOP but this seems to be shorter than standard because it fits me fine. I know the off the shelf standard Mossy 500 is too long for me so this has got to be a smaller stock but doesn't indicate that anywhere or that it's a youth or Bantam model. Odd but for $300?!? I'll take it. Haven't been able to get any lead through it yet but I'm sure it'll do just fine.

I have 3 walnut and blue(d) 500As, all with 18.5" barrels and bead sights. One 28" vent rib full choke barrel. Serial numbers are:

K549080
K934433
L128041

Not sure of exactly how old they are, but they are all classic as hell and smooth as silk. :)

Oh and 1 Maverick 88 with 12" Hogue LOP stock and forearm in OD green.

I know, I know... pics or it didn't happen... Pics forthcoming ...

Thank you for your email, Sr. here are the date of serialization for the following serial numbers.

K549080 – Nov 1989
K934433 – April 1991
L128041 - June 1992
download

Norma Martinez
ePmy9mC.jpg

Glad Ms. Norma was able to help you. She has been very helpful to a lot of members here.:)

Back