• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

More about my treatments

hombre243

.30-06
Hi all. I had more surgery on 5/26 and all was well. No catheter which was a relief. Usually I am given a weeks worth of antibiotics to make sure there is no infection but this time nope. As it turned out early signs told me i needed the antibiotics. I mentioned it to the head nurse but she said they werent needed. She was wrong. I had to drive the 70 miles to the VA on Sunday 6/20. I was in a lot of pain from various problems: the soon to prove infection was so bad my digestion was on a hold pattern. Ass was my post digestion process. I usually am slow to go but this was to the point of being worried. I was badly dehydrated because I was so full and bloated sips of water was all I could get down. No problem holding it down as long as I didnt over do it.

At the ER they plugged me into a bag of saline to rehydrate me, shot me full of 1 days worth of antibiotics, gave me a weels worth of Anti-B pills and were going to give me stool softeners, but I had some of the same stuff at home that they were going to give me so I declined. I ended up ordering some online. They came next day. Who said that USPS is slower than molasses?

Yesterday I got the first result. It was the sh_t heard round the world. My system started working again...slowly, butt surely. My taste came back but I still can't eat a full sandwich or small bag of chips. I can drink water and coffee but coffee and any milk products I have to time carefully, around the antibiotic schedule. They interfere, and especially milk products, as they can cause some problems and make me sicker than I was.

I am getting back to my old self again. I need to get TP. With what I expect to be coming, I'm gonna need it.

Thanks for reading.

PS I also have essential tremors. They are just the shaky hands and other muscles. But they are not debilative, unless I stand to pee. TMI? Sorry.:lol:

I'm sorry that you've been having so much trouble.

I do understand how badly your digestive track can mess you up though.

I'm glad you're doing better. As I mentioned, if your digestive tract is out of whack, it throws literally EVERYTHING else out of whack with it.

Keep on them. Research online and hit them with something they misled you about, or ask them something about you that he/she doesnt expect.

It is mainly the lack of result interpretation from the various "bill-padding" procedures the bad doc had me do. (ie: blood tests, CT scans, urine cultures, etc.) This office is part of an online "network" where all results are supposed to be accessible by the patient (me).

It is mainly the lack of result interpretation from the various "bill-padding" procedures the bad doc had me do. (ie: blood tests, CT scans, urine cultures, etc.) This office is part of an online "network" where all results are supposed to be accessible by the patient (me).
I am lucky. I have online access to everything via "myhealthevet.com". I can download all the reports and results generated in my visits. I can print them out and have the doc explain what I can't understand. The important stuff. I also can upload my own information and they add it to the mix when it is useful.

It is a full scale patient online access to all the departments that I am certified by the VA, to access. I also have secure messaging and that has been the most handy. I take pretzels to the Nurses who I cant contact thru myhealthevet. Nurses like pretzels like Mungo like candy...

Hombre, I do not like antibiotics, & I have the same issues trying to get antibiotics prescribed, even on the the rare occasions I need them.

I found my new dentist was helpful, sometimes.

Hombre, I do not like antibiotics, & I have the same issues trying to get antibiotics prescribed, even on the the rare occasions I need them.

I found my new dentist was helpful, sometimes.
Hey Cadd, I don't mind the antibiotics but I dont want to over use them. I used to get Z-Pacs for sinus infections. Now they give me some kind of sulphur based stuff. I guess the Z Pacs were either over used or the bugs just got used to them. Whatever, I just use what they give me. This last one was much more gentle on my than was described. Now I am just layin back for a few more days and healing from the last surgery and infection. I am glad I am retired. I would have been fired as many days I have had to stay home in the last 3 years.

Back