• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mosin Nagant

Might want to try posting up a WTB thread at the classified areas of surplusrifle.com or gunboards.com

Both forums are excellent resources for all things milsurp firearms.

Damn I miss my Mosins. Probably should have kept at least one.

Even though Bud's doesn't have the "best" business practices, they do have 91/30's, M44, M38 and the Russian Type 53's... all for a decent price. You should add a Mosin back into your life!

I'm still waiting on my new Archangel stock from Promag. I sent em an email last Friday.
I'm gettin antsy!!

ripjack13 said:
I'm still waiting on my new Archangel stock from Promag. I sent em an email last Friday.
I'm gettin antsy!!

Just having the 10 shot Magazine makes looking at the Archangel worth it. If the Mosin I have didn't have a bit of pitting on the barrel I would certainly consider it! I've been overly impressed with what I can hit using iron sights and an 83 year old rifle!

ripjack13 said:
Sand it down and paint it black....

I've been considering for while now on getting another mosin to "tactify"... I do like having a nice piece of history!

Done right you can have a sweet modern Mosin. I've seen a few reworks that were real tack drivers. Good project to take on. Best of luck if you did.

I have a couple more...pretty boring video, but I was having a blast!
I shot it without the bayonnet on it. It wouldn't go on without a hammer and that aint happening. It shot low and to the right. About 75 yards away from the target. A steel fire door. Pshaww...went right through it....like buttah...
I brought a box of Herters and a box of tulla. Both non-corrosive 148g FMJ...on the bottom of herters it said tulla. Duh. Next time I'll just get tulla and save $5 a box. I really love it. I need more ammo for it. Must improve my aim. Get a scope. Waiting on my new stock. No word yet. I might even buy another one and see about making a stock for it. I notice I need a comb/cheek riser for it. My chin is about resting on the stock to sight it....

I post up another vid later. I did get some pix too...later as well.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
They're a lot of fun ain't they?!

Check out this little number...

NcStar Universal Fit Tactical Cheek Rest w/ Magazine Pouch

Keep checkin in on AIM Surplus for ammo. They're out of stock at the moment, but regularly have the 440 round 7.62x54r spam cans in stock for $80-$90...

I like that cheek rest, and I actually do have 1760 rounds of the corrosive stuff. (spam canned)

Nice!

This is one of those calibers that's so inexpensive, you just can't help but stock up on it...

Yep...I like the fact that I can "not break the bank" buyin em up... :)

Here is a picture, dont know much about it - says made in 1942 -
Shoot it Sunday not bad at all.

Joe

Attachments

• 20130602_091435.jpg
    20130602_091435.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 159
Nice lookin Mosin Joe,

Here's a great resource for identifying the proof marks to determine where your rifle was made...

Mosin Nagant Master Barrel Mark Reference

If you click back to the main page there are all sorts of guides to identifying which particular variant you have as well as making out what the marks on various parts of the rifle mean...

Back