1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by DaveinCT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

WOW! That things looks awesome!
    I think they might have to come down in price a little (for me) but they are selling them like hot cakes!
  2. Roberto_1029

Roberto_1029 .22LR

I bee wanting one of these for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  3. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

nice carbine.
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

^ Agreed!

Very nice...
  5. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Nice.....the guy I got my nagant from is selling his carbine now. If I had the cash I'd get it....
  6. aksavanaman

aksavanaman Work In Progress... Supporter "Philanthropist"

Ditto on the carbine Roberto... been thinking about a Type 53... but not sure if I wanna throw my money at buds... but it is only $119 :D
  7. Roberto_1029

Roberto_1029 .22LR

I got a model 38. First I looked at was wood and serial numbers. Wood looks great and all the serial numbers matched. It only ran me $150. I want a 91/30 now :)
  8. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Buying Mosin rifles is addictive isn't it? :D
  9. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

I bought mine and butchered her up pretty well :D Krylon, Bayonet removed... lol Sacrilege!
  10. OhioArcher

OhioArcher Where's da fishes? Supporter "Philanthropist"

Got an email from AIM Surplus that they have received a shipment of Mosin. Not sure of the price. Check them out if your interested. Now back to my Honeymooooooooon........
  11. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

I took the mosin out. New stock is very comfortable. The mags however didn't seat properly. So they wouldn't advance another round. Hafta look on promag site about that.... :(
  12. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

lol kind of defeats the purpose of the magazines doesn't it?? :(
    I am sure, since it's an early production model, there is going to be that initial period of "oh shit, that didn't work out..." or "mistakes were made" and they will make good on them. So long it isn't anything dangerous to your well being, I would just get in contact with Promag, all their other gun stock stuff is pretty neat and people love it!
  13. ripjack13

Found a few vids of the magazine problem. Gotta sand the seat inside a smidgen and lube up the sides of the insides....I'll do that this week. My buddy wants to go the field this coming weekend and he's bringing his AR and new Remington autoloader. I'll bring the Mosin and the Saiga.....
    :)
  14. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

I wish I could say I have any of those! :lol:
    I just got that 30-06 back and boy is it short as is with the 22" barrel!!
    But that is a discussion for another place and time! :p

Keep us updated with your progress! This stock would be sweet if I can get my Type 53 shooting straight!
  15. ripjack13

I really like the adjustable cheek riser....
  16. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

I was looking at a Karsten Cheek Riser for that '06 or my Mosin but I really like the buttstock saddle things for rifles. Holds my Spare Ammo, hand warmers, trajectory stuff, etc... I couldn't have one with the riser.

Maybe I could play with 3M Velcro and Pouches... hmmm...
  17. aksavanaman

aksavanaman Work In Progress... Supporter "Philanthropist"

You're telling me a quick reach around to the top of the receiver after 10 shots won't do the trick ;)
  18. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Got out with the M38 for the first time this morning...

[​IMG]

Was just smackin some steel at 100yd. In true Mosin form the windage was WAY off at 100yd. Stretched it out to 300yd for a few shots and couldn't hit the damn plate to save my life, but the windage was a LOT closer to point of aim at that distance. Need to drift the front sight a bit and it should be a pretty accurate rifle if I can do my part with the iron sights. It's a helluva fun shooter...
  19. ripjack13

Wow.....300 yards! Neeto.

I was using an old steel fire door for my target. I put a line down the center to aim at. Mine was within the door. It went through the door and the 8" tree behind it! Yikes.

I really want a scope for it......
  20. LAZY EYED SNIPER

It was fun shoot'n for sure.

The plate I was aiming at was around 12"x18" and looked about the size of a pin head out that far. Here's a pic from the bench. I put a red arrow over the steel I was aiming for...

[​IMG]

Had to pick up some new production Monarch ammo from Academy 'cause all the surplus ammo I have is steel core. The range owner doesn't want any holes in his steel. Only sent five rounds out to 300yd and was surrounding the plate, but never made contact. I'm on a mission now and lookin forward to dialing in. There's just something primal about hearing that steel clack... :twisted: