• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mosin Nagant

ripjack13 said:
OK!!! It's finally on!

before...
I21AJDol.jpg

and after!!!

YKttnLal.jpg

CvGoFOgl.jpg

GZadzVNl.jpg

LA1c9c5l.jpg

KNoXOgjl.jpg

vLeAbYhl.jpg

Real easy too....
remove the 2 retaining bands on the barrel,
then the 2 screws on the trigger/bolt housing, and
Bam! It just dropped right in. no problem.

:D

I cant wait to try it out!!!

WOW! That things looks awesome!
I think they might have to come down in price a little (for me) but they are selling them like hot cakes!

Nice.....the guy I got my nagant from is selling his carbine now. If I had the cash I'd get it....

Ditto on the carbine Roberto... been thinking about a Type 53... but not sure if I wanna throw my money at buds... but it is only $119 :D

aksavanaman said:
Ditto on the carbine Roberto... been thinking about a Type 53... but not sure if I wanna throw my money at buds... but it is only $119 :D

I got a model 38. First I looked at was wood and serial numbers. Wood looks great and all the serial numbers matched. It only ran me $150. I want a 91/30 now :)

aksavanaman said:

I bought mine and butchered her up pretty well :D Krylon, Bayonet removed... lol Sacrilege!

Got an email from AIM Surplus that they have received a shipment of Mosin. Not sure of the price. Check them out if your interested. Now back to my Honeymooooooooon........

I took the mosin out. New stock is very comfortable. The mags however didn't seat properly. So they wouldn't advance another round. Hafta look on promag site about that.... :(

ripjack13 said:
I took the mosin out. New stock is very comfortable. The mags however didn't seat properly. So they wouldn't advance another round. Hafta look on promag site about that.... :(

lol kind of defeats the purpose of the magazines doesn't it?? :(
I am sure, since it's an early production model, there is going to be that initial period of "oh shit, that didn't work out..." or "mistakes were made" and they will make good on them. So long it isn't anything dangerous to your well being, I would just get in contact with Promag, all their other gun stock stuff is pretty neat and people love it!

Found a few vids of the magazine problem. Gotta sand the seat inside a smidgen and lube up the sides of the insides....I'll do that this week. My buddy wants to go the field this coming weekend and he's bringing his AR and new Remington autoloader. I'll bring the Mosin and the Saiga.....
:)

I wish I could say I have any of those! :lol:
I just got that 30-06 back and boy is it short as is with the 22" barrel!!
But that is a discussion for another place and time! :p

Keep us updated with your progress! This stock would be sweet if I can get my Type 53 shooting straight!

I was looking at a Karsten Cheek Riser for that '06 or my Mosin but I really like the buttstock saddle things for rifles. Holds my Spare Ammo, hand warmers, trajectory stuff, etc... I couldn't have one with the riser.

Maybe I could play with 3M Velcro and Pouches... hmmm...

Itsricmo said:
I was looking at a Karsten Cheek Riser for that '06 or my Mosin but I really like the buttstock saddle things for rifles. Holds my Spare Ammo, hand warmers, trajectory stuff, etc... I couldn't have one with the riser.

Maybe I could play with 3M Velcro and Pouches... hmmm...

You're telling me a quick reach around to the top of the receiver after 10 shots won't do the trick ;)

Got out with the M38 for the first time this morning...

Was just smackin some steel at 100yd. In true Mosin form the windage was WAY off at 100yd. Stretched it out to 300yd for a few shots and couldn't hit the damn plate to save my life, but the windage was a LOT closer to point of aim at that distance. Need to drift the front sight a bit and it should be a pretty accurate rifle if I can do my part with the iron sights. It's a helluva fun shooter...

Wow.....300 yards! Neeto.

I was using an old steel fire door for my target. I put a line down the center to aim at. Mine was within the door. It went through the door and the 8" tree behind it! Yikes.

I really want a scope for it......

It was fun shoot'n for sure.

The plate I was aiming at was around 12"x18" and looked about the size of a pin head out that far. Here's a pic from the bench. I put a red arrow over the steel I was aiming for...

Had to pick up some new production Monarch ammo from Academy 'cause all the surplus ammo I have is steel core. The range owner doesn't want any holes in his steel. Only sent five rounds out to 300yd and was surrounding the plate, but never made contact. I'm on a mission now and lookin forward to dialing in. There's just something primal about hearing that steel clack... :twisted:

Back